I have stayed here earlier (about 8 years ago). We came in for a conference today with the office group. The first impression was that the proprty was not very well maintained. We were in a conference romm all day where the air conditioners were underpowered and everyone was very unconfortable throughout the day. The food was average at best - nothing to write home about. We ended the day with a drink at the bar, which I guess was ok. Since I stayed here quite sometime ago, I came with fairly high expectations. I have stayed at other heritage properties in India, but this was clearly below par.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nalagarh Fort Resort is located atop a hillock with a panoramic view of the Shivalik Hills. Nalagarh Resort rises above a 20 acre estate of forest and orchards and is built on five levels, two of which have well-manicured lawns. The fort and the palace of Nalagarh have a series of structures that are mostly built in the Mughal style of architecture. These have been exhaustively renovated and are now a quality heritage resort. The retreat is closely enveloped by green hills. Nalagarh was the capital of the kingdom of Hindur founded by Raja Ajai Chand in 1100 A.D. It was ruled by the Chandela Rajputs. The Chandela kings were great patrons of art and architecture. Raja Ram Chander, another illustrious ruler of the same dynasty, was also a great builder who constructed the Ramgarh Fort and the town of Ram-shaher. Raja Surendra Singh was the last ruler of Nalagarh and his son, Raja Vijayendra is the present ceremonial head of Nalagarh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Fort Nalagarh - A Heritage Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nalagarh Fort Hotel Nalagarh
- Nalagarh Fort Himachal Pradesh