We have had lunch here a few times now. Driving up to the Lakes in heavy rain can be a depressing task, but the sun broke out and we knew that lunch at the Sun Hotel would be worth the drive. It is under new management but the welcome was as friendly as ever. The distaff side of the family both chose the chicken escalope having had it before, and I was tempted too, but went for the gammon instead. We were all impressed with portion size and quality of the meal. The chicken had a lovely lemon butter with it, and my gammon was large and not too salty. A nice drop of Coniston Bluebird made a nice change from the Wainwright Bitter I had last time. Due to the inclement weather there were no other lunchtime guests which was a shame for the new management. We will certainly be going back there again - why wouldn't you?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pedro's is on the A591 (the main road between Windermere & Ambleside. Originally an 18th century coaching inn fully refurbished by present owners in 2009, now a 10 bedroomed hotel providing high quality, affordable food, drink & ensuite accomadation.You can walk to the edge of lake windermere via a private footpath in 10 - 15 mins.An ideal location to explore the lake district. Please note the bar is only open unitl 10pm Sunday to Thursday & 11pm Friday & Saturday. This is to ensure oure residents have a peaceful nights rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Pedro's Restaurant, Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sun Hotel Hotel Troutbeck Bridge
- Sun Hotel Troutbeck
- Pedro's Restaurant, Bar & Hotel Troutbeck Bridge, Lake District, Cumbria