I looked for a hotel that had WiFi everywhere (an important criteria as needed to work in evenings which were from 4pm at this time of year). Not so and both the hotel (NEVER worked) and free Public WiFi (must log on every 30 minutes and then it spat the dummy most times and did not work) were a non event. I got sick of hearing they had only been there 3 months which does not excuse rubbish in carpark, many leaves at front door that were never swept up, and it took Phil forever to come to the reservation counter as he was talking, and then the sticky rings from a previous guest's glass on the bedside table. The real downer was the COLD room despite being told I could control the heat it always seemed to be less in the evenings and the room was cold always, so ended up sitting under the doona and even that was not enough to keep warm and NO extra blankets supplied. The TV kept dropping out, aka 'freeze'. The chair in the room was low so even if I could connect to WiFi it was not possible to use laptop on desk anyway. The light outside my window was on till 11 and the traffic was noisy (and would not be an issue but combined with everything else was just annoying). The bathroom had a damp smell. The evening meal I had was fine, the room spacious but COLD. A place to drop in for a meal it would be fine, to stay dreadful.
It was so bad that I left a night early as I was not going to stay freezing one more night and was happy to pay the full 3 nights (only stayed two) just to get away.
Running a good hotel is about the eye for detail and some people do notice the small things.
I also booked and paid for a Kingsize bed and it was not, Queen size I would image.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pedro's is on the A591 (the main road between Windermere & Ambleside. Originally an 18th century coaching inn fully refurbished by present owners in 2009, now a 10 bedroomed hotel providing high quality, affordable food, drink & ensuite accomadation.You can walk to the edge of lake windermere via a private footpath in 10 - 15 mins.An ideal location to explore the lake district. Please note the bar is only open unitl 10pm Sunday to Thursday & 11pm Friday & Saturday. This is to ensure oure residents have a peaceful nights rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your Pedro's Restaurant, Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sun Hotel Hotel Troutbeck Bridge
- Sun Hotel Troutbeck
- Pedro's Restaurant, Bar & Hotel Troutbeck Bridge, Lake District, Cumbria