“Simply the best attraction in lancashire”

Flightdeck Experience
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Rossendale
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Flight Simulator Experience venue with an AVRO Vulcan B2 bomber simulator with themed briefing room where up to 6 guests can watch your flight via video feed and a Boeing 737-800 simulator with replica cabin to seat 12 guests. Our aircrafts are a Boeing 737-800 NG and an AVRO Vulcan B2 which are both fixed base state of the art simulators with very humble beginnings. Your flight and the experience you have with us is the most important thing and we tailor your time to suit what you want to do, whether thats flying from A-B, Touch and Go Manoeuvres or hand flying into some of the trickier locations we have to offer. We also have a large departure lounge and meeting rooms and can cater for groups both private and corporate.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Well imagine going to an airport and stepping on to a plane to go away but you can now fly the plane as you look round to the right you can see authentic seats overhead lockers and threw the windows your wings and scenery as if you were on board a real 737
I contacted steve and his lovelly wife about comming up to use his simulator an explained about what I wanted as Iam a simulator junnkie and been doing quiet a few including a wonderfull one in coventry 747 simulator which is another home built one well anyway on arrivale in the sleepy town of stacksteads you would never imagine that you were going to be in such a realistic simulator ever even when you walk in this old mill and climb the stairs and open the door to the centre you would not guess that you were going to be taken on a journey of realism son now we begin. On opening the door to the centre it feels and looks like an airport departure lounge i walked down a corridor greeted by steve and wife and escorted down this jetway that looked just like the real thing and onto my aircraft for the afternoon my instructor was on board ready and steve handed me over to him a bru was made and we had a chat such a nice you man who himself is going to be an airline pilot and wish him every succese for the future.
Now after talking to my instructor we walked into the cockpit wich is 100 percent realistic every switch button works you like a child in a sweet shop after making my self comfortable in my seat we started getting the aircraft ready now even if you hve never ever done this before you will love it everything is gone threw in english so dont worry my instructor was amazing.
the graphics sounds are stunning attention to detail amazing were superb the engines were started and aircraft was pushed back all of which i did with the help of excellent tuition so the throttles were opened slightly and we taxed out of my fav airport birmingham for our short flight to manchester so to the runway we went headsets on which really worked so i could talk to my co pilot ie instructor while going threw our checklist and getting the aircraft ready for depature as were were going to the runway the tanoy was going threw announcments with a safety briefing my god is there nothing this thing wont do we arrived at the runway and proceded to open the throttles and take of to manchester you have to stop yourself from moving you head as it looks so real and even though you dont have motion on this simulator you dont need it and the price is amazing great value for money. the sound is so real and this simulator they will configure it so you can fly from and to any airport or country in the world nothing is to much trouble this is as real as us the general public will get to flying a multi million dollar plane and since 911 ever get into a cockpit do to security this is a home built simulator but you would never ever tell I did alot more flying different circuits and failures landing and takeoffs even my instructor was put under preassure when steve configured the aircarft for a zero visabilty landing in dubui and he showed such skill and precision it was a pleasure to watch now if you have psare time and want to do something amazing then please please do this you will love the service from the inital phone call to book you experiance to arrival and when you leave with the most amazing smile on your face as you leave after flying a 737 thanks angain to steve and all the team at flightdeck experiances your a very very talented guy to build it and every succes for the future and in the word of arnie i will be back and well worth the 2 and a half hours to get to you and if i could give you 100 stars i would

1  Thank neilhodgson4529

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I bought this as a present for my husband and a friend but went along as a spectator. To be honest, I cant recommend the experience highly enough. Lovely warm welcome from Vicky and Steve, tea and biscuits to accompany the comprehensive flight briefing and even a guest appearance from Alf the sniffer dog. What a fantastic start to the visit! The cabin interior is kitted out with real aircraft seats, there's moving scenery at the windows, computer displays behind the bulkheads and the cockpit is simply amazing to behold. The Sim is accessed via an air bridge and as the aircraft taxies, a full safety briefing is given. Brilliant stuff even for those not actually flying. You could easily be jetting off on your hols. Flying is a serious business but Vicky and Steve certainly haven't lost their sense of fun. I watched landings at Dublin, Dubai and Innsbruck from the cabin and loved every minute. As we were leaving, we were presented with a souvenir photo and commemorative certificate, a really nice touch and a perfect end to the day. Christmas is coming and if you're looking for a gift with a difference, I'd say this was it. We had a great time and will definitely be back.

2  Thank SueCee
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Absolutely brilliant, enjoyed the birthday gift from my family.

First class from start to finish

Nit to be missed - You've got to go !!!

1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I got the simulator experience as a surprise for my birthday and as I am hoping to train as a commercial pilot next year found the experience to give you a fantastic insight into airline flying but whether your a keen aviator or doing it for fun there's something for everyone and i believe it to be the best all round simulator experience in the country would highly recommend fantastic staff and great instructor overall great experience

1  Thank mtym1992
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Fathers day gift, dad thoroughly enjoyed flight simulator, from the warm welcome and hospitality, great instruction from Steve to the realistic cabin and flight deck experience. Would recommend and/or return again in the future. Thanks Guys.

1  Thank 15meme