“Excellent diving experience”
Review of Dive and Trek

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bauan
Dive and Trek
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bauan
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

It was my first time to dive and my dive instructor chose this place. I dont know what to expect but When we first arrived here, the view is really breath taking. The food are also well prepared and always ready. Staff are also friendly and are well trained in assisting divers. Clean room, amenities and environment. However what throw us off was their boatmen almost 2 hrs late in picking us up when we arrived. Also, this is a bit pricey not suitable for budget travelers. If you're in bad luck, your room may be on the top hill which is annoying especially after a dive or simple swim. Overall this resort is above average.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Amazing resort with the loveliest people ever. Alex speaks amazing English and goes above and beyond to assist in your travel to and from the island to make it as easy and straight forward as possible. Newly refurbished rooms that are extremely tidy with sheets changed daily. The food was impeccable and as we were the only ones staying at the time it was as if it was our own personal resort! Conrad the diving instructor was fantastic, great English, so patient, funny and we felt so safe with him, he went out of his way to direct us to different marine animals and reef. Affordable diving experiences and good training for first timers like us. Only down side is the boat to get out to the resort didn't have life jackets. U also jump down onto a wharf with crashing waves so pack lightly as suitcases are unrealistic but if necessary they have men to assist you. And max the best kept dog in the Philippines is a delight to remind u of your own pooches back home. Cannot speak highly enough. There was no tv in our room so we spent the downtime relaxing and reading. Searching for a new spa manager which would have been nice for our stay but that is all! Stay here people!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olivia S
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Spent 1 night (about 24 hours) at Dive and Trek with friends, and had a blast.

We arrived Friday just after lunch - they kept the lunch buffet open for us, even brought out more hot food without us asking. Meals are traditional Filipino without a lot of choices, but lots of rice, veggies, and fresh fruit at every meal. Coffee, tea, water available all the time - soda and alcohol extra.

Spent 3 hours snorkeling their "school reef" right off the dock, great fish and decent corals. Equipment is all in good condition and included in the price of the room.

We had an air-conditioned family room, and found it fine. Beds a little hard, but comfortable enough, with very good air-con (almost too cold), good shower facilities, and basic toiletries provided.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, arranging for us to rent their underwater camera, setting up boat rides, even checking out their karaoke equipment for a little evening fun.

We'll definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank physicsmom04
Reviewed 6 March 2013

A perfect combination of eating after diving. I would like to praise the quality if food, among other dive resorts in Batangas. It's also good for diving beginners as they see the dive site "School Reef" a lot of fishes just from shore diving. One thing that can be improved is the rooms. I would like to recommend this resort to divers.

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Our dive trip at Dive and Trek was truly an awesome experience! The staff were very friendly, food was great, rooms were big and clean, and so many dive sites just a few steps from the shore. Im sure gonna come back ( over and over again) to this place very soon!!!:)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank men911
Reviewed 18 December 2012

As a fairly new diver, each dive center I dive with opens my eyes. I went to Dive and Trek with a very experienced diver who recommended it.
Granted, getting there isn't easy. There is a boat transfer. But, they took care of that. With one phone call, our boat was on its way.
Once at the resort, I could see that it was isolated. If you want to be isolated, this is the place. It was so quiet, which was great for me.
Each group has their own pre-dive area to put gear together. I found this to be a nice touch. My dive buddy and I discussed what we'd see, went over each other's gear, and planned what I would accomplish with the dive (practice neutral buoyancy).
Our dive master was accommodating. He knew I was a newbie, so he paid extra attention to me for the first dive. With a bit of a weight-belt issue (not enough weight), he added weight and then I was fine.
Our SI was about an hour, so we progressed to the second location which was further away from the resort. At this location, which was shallower, we saw a lot more activity, including a huge school of Jacks. This was amazing to see! Apparently, they are the only school of Jacks in the area.
Our boat driver and assistant were good fellows. They played an assortment of music during the trip. The other divers were nice to speak with, and we all had lunch together.
The lunch provided was better than I expected. The resort laid on a nice buffet.
I found the price to be very reasonable for 2 dives and boat transfers. The staff were all very good, and I would return to dive here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

It was difficult to get there, but SO Worth it.
You have to take a bus from Manila(costs 170p per person), then a tricycle from Batanga pier(costs 200p). They will try to get much more for the trip. We paid 600p the first time.
After the fast trip with the tricycle, they will send a boat to get you. the boat trip takes 30min, but the view is insane.

The water is blue and clear, even in the wet season.
The staff is respectfull and helps you with everything.
The food could be better since they deepfrie almost everything, but they serve you fresh fruit and fruitshakes like you've never gotten one before.

The view and the Dives at this place is incredible.
The price is 3550p if you dive and 3050 if you dont for each day. For 500p you get all the dives you want, but you have to pay more if you wanna go somewhere with a boat.
If you come in the weekend you will NOT be alone, but if you come Monday to Thursday there will be only you and the staff.

Room Tip: The rooms top site has the best view.