“Very friendly great food”

Warrington Guest House
Warrington Guest House
York, United Kingdom
“Very friendly great food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Room lovely and big, friendly owners (sorry didn't get to know your names ) lovely and clean. Food excellent and very tasty . Very good value for money. Only downside is that we only had one night. Thx again .

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed overnight on July 12th 2014. We were in the Caius Gonville room on the top floor, up about 20 odd stairs accessed through the tearooms above which the guest house is situated. It's a very large airy room complete with a sofa to enable comfortable TV watching. Nice touch I thought.

Hospitality tray was well-stocked but I was slightly surprised by the absence of toiletries in the ensuite ( except for a couple of bars of soap ). Bed was very comfortable and I slept exceptionally well, although my partner did note that the bedding had not been ironed. Towels weren't particularly soft and could have done with being a little larger for my..ahem!...fuller figure.

Breakfast was excellent. Full English including some really good black pudding. Cereals, fruit and yoghurt were also available.

Apart from the few niggles, we were very satisfied with our stay. As is our wont however, we won't be returning, as we have never yet re-visited the same place twice. Vive la difference!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

very warm welcome from Jonathan and Jane, beautiful room with great en-suite and very generous hospitality tray in room. My room was recently decorated, immaculately clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was great, very varied, and I also took a packed lunch each day which was great value. As a single traveller, I could not have asked for a better welcome, hospitality and value for money (very fair charge for single occupancy, which is rare in my experience).
Ideally located for biking very close to Dalby Forest, can drive in or cycle along Ellerburn route which comes out close to visitor centre.
Excellent stay and would happily visit again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Slough
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Second time I have stayed here after enjoying my first visit. This time my room was even better, it was huge and the recently refurbished bathroom was almost as big. Lovely hosts, great breakfast and this will be my place of choice on my regular visits to the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very welcoming on arrival, had a lovely stay. Jonathan and Jane made us all feel very welcome. Our room on the top floor was very spacious and included a little sofa where I could chill and read the paper. Wifi access available for those who need it. Well placed in the middle of Thornton-Le-Dale, we visited New Inn several times and tried there local beers and food. Jonathan and Jane gave us some great advise on our day trip and advised us where to go.

We have already booked a return trip in December

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank rlangle
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at the Warrington Guest House for two nights 26th and 27th July to be near Dalby Forest. Jane and Jonathon deserve the highest of praise, their guest house is like a home from home. The breakfast is delicious and filled us up for the day, plenty of choice. Jane and Jonathon are very helpful and friendly, Jonathan's tip on the short cut into Dalby was excellent. The local pubs do tasty meals and the village is beautiful. I will definitely be recommending the Warrington to all my friends and family and will stay there again next time we go back to Dalby Forest. Thank you Jane and Jonathan for helping making our weekend very enjoyable indeed :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I'm reviewing this as a B&B, not a restaurant, because we only stayed for one Sunday night over a Bank Holiday weekend. We had a nice big room with a large en suite which had both a bath and a shower. Which was great as I like a soak. The owners were really friendly, chatty and helpful with local info. We only ate there for breakfast, and that was fine. The traditional full English with local produce and cooked fresh to order.
The building is a bit odd in that it only has a front entrance, so access to the bedrooms is via the tea room and as the off street parking is at the rear you have to walk a few yards round the block. Access to the parking spaces is a bit tight too. This was no problem for us but you might want to bear it in mind if you have a large people carrier, SUV or mobility issues and give them a call first to just to check you can cope.
Jonathan is a keen racing man and gave us a good tip which set us up on our visit to Beverley the next day (thanks for that Jonathan!). We'll probably try to stay here again next time we go racing in Yorkshire.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton-Le-Dale
Best Western Forest & Vale Hotel
#2 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale
High Dalby House
High Dalby House
#3 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale

Been to Warrington Guest House? Share your experiences!