“The most amazing cakes ever made ................... :o))”
Review of The Buck Hotel

The Buck Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thornton-Le-Dale
The Buck Hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Beautiful bedrooms, spotlessly clean! Doggies welcome, a must for ozzy dog! The food is fantastic and now the tearooms are open tooo.............coffee and walnut cake to die for! Cant wait to go back for the carrot cake and what can I say about the sticky toffeee pud......mmmm! The atmosphere is buzzing and the staff are friendly :o)) I'll definately be back :o))

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank noo28

Reviewed 21 March 2012

brilliant place to stay. would highly recommend it as the rooms are beautifully presented and kept spotlessly clean. The pub serves lovely food and for anyone wanting a restaurant feel that is available too! This country pub has a lovely feel to the place and all are very friendly. Dogs are also welcome which for us is great! Will definately be returning - I just HAVE to have another home made sticky toffee pudding and Latte - the best i've ever had!

Room Tip: big bath in one room :))
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loveandlite
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed for a few nights and received a wonderful reception. The food was pub food as it should be, and genuinely fantastic value. Really good portions and great quality. Try the onion rings!!
The beer was a good blend of cask ales and regular, but all were good.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Henrytosh
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed a couple of nights at this pub in the beautiful village of Thornton le Dale. The rooms were roomy, clean, well furnished with comfortable beds. While clean, the ensuite could do with some smartening up but I'm told this is scheduled for this winter.
The pub turned out to be busy and buzzing with friendly staff and the cleanest, most fragrent toilets that I've used in a pub for a long time. I'm told that the ladies is pretty good too! Part of the many improvements that the new landlords have made since taking over in May, the locals told me.
Behind the pub and well off the road was a large sunny beer garden.
I wanted gluten and dairy free food and wondered if I would be limited to the usual "jacket potato with baked beans". Not at all, as all the food was freshly made by the chef (who turned out to be Andy, the landlord). He was happy to prepare almost anything on the menu to my needs. I thoroughly enjoyed gluten free fish and chips with mushy peas!
The food was good, basic pub fare with a few specials all looking fresh and appetising. The prices were very reasonable - much less than I can get from pubs at home.
We also discovered that his wife Alison, bakes the cakes for their tea room and there again my gluten and dairy free needs were met.
We shall certainly return

Room Tip: our room (1, I think) had some noise from the busy bar below on Saturday night. No problem if you wa...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ydalesman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton-Le-Dale
The White Swan Inn
#1 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale
High Dalby House
High Dalby House
#4 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale

Been to The Buck Hotel? Share your experiences!