“Pleasant Yorkshire Moors Village Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Buck Hotel

The Buck Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thornton-Le-Dale
The Buck Hotel
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Yorkshire Moors Village Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Good selection of changing, well kept, real ales. Comfortable restaurant serving well cooked and presented traditional pub grub at sensible prices. Popular with the locals. Lively public bar and busy snug. Staff were polite and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pete C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Went to the Buck for a family meal -8 of us. Booked in advance and we were all very pleased with our food, the atmosphere, the service and all at reasonable prices. I am coeliac, but this was no problem and they offered me gluten free bread with my starter.
We shall return!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tracey M
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We recently stayed at the buck overnight. The double room we had, had a 6 foot bed, loads of pillows, all the usual tea making etc. Lovely large bath, with excellent toiletries. Right in the middle of the village, but not noisy. Free wifi. Excellent breakfast and a very nice evening meal with plenty of choice. No hurry to check out, but lots of local things to explore, including a v nice crystal shop around the corner, and a lovely bakery next door. We went home with lots of goodies. The staff were very good, polite, and cheerful. Will definitely be going again.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the village green, lots to look at for people watchers. There are only 3 rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spookyjan
Brough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Don't be put off by the drab external, inside its cosy and welcoming. Nice decor and spacious. Staff friendly and efficient, food excellent both in taste and value. Cooked to order but not long to wait even though it was moderately busy. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Halcyon32
Whitby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I visited Thornton le Dale for the first time in over 40 years. Didn't know where to eat, however the Buck was recommended to us by several local residents so we decided to give it a try. I am so pleased we did! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. An excellent choice of different snacks, light/main meals and desserts on the menu all at very reasonable prices. Also a good choice of hand-pulled beers!! Service was quick even though it was busy. Portion sizes were good as was the quality. Well worth a visit - we will not hesitate in returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Guisborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Visiting a friends crystal shop over the road from The Buck Hotel we were pleasantly surprised to catch them just as they were popping to The Buck for Sunday lunch. We joined them and were so pleased we did. Having not visited the pub for quite a while we were amazed at the transformation it has recently undergone. The cosy feel is still there but a much more classy look fills the place and it's definitely more comfortable.
I had the pork with apple sauce and I have to say the pork was some of the most beautiful I've tasted. So tender and complimented by a fab (and good sized) Yorkshire pud.
My husband had the steak and ale pie and although he would've liked the selection of veg that I received (he just got peas) he said the pie was delicious and the steak in it was very well cooked. I have to say I would've liked peas lol
Our children enjoyed the homemade burger in a bun and pasta bolognese. Both good sized meals and very tasty indeed.
I wouldn't hesitate to visit again and hope to do so very soon.
I've been told that the rooms available for overnight stays are exceptionally comfortable and fully intend to try those too.
With friendly service and good food at reasonable prices you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013
Winterthur, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Three out of four diners were disappointed with my father saying that throwing the lot in the bin would have complimented it.

My wife & I had Fish & Chips. The fish (cod) was tasteless mush; either cooked straight from frozen or it had been re-frozen at some point. Some of my wife's oven-chips were cold. Mine were OK though. My father's hunter's chicken was dry.

Dessert - they burnt my out-of-the-packet treacle sponge. My wife's molten-centre chocolate sponge didn't have the molten centre and was also dry.

Awful. My dad is local and he's one local they've lost for a good while!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank FuzzyDonnyDuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton-Le-Dale
Kings Head Hotel
#2 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale
Bridgefoot House
Bridgefoot House
#1 of 12 in Thornton-Le-Dale

Been to The Buck Hotel? Share your experiences!