My husband and I had our wedding at Craigsanquhar Hotel on the 21st April. Now let me begin by saying that every bride and groom will most likely say that their wedding day was the best day of their lives (which it is) and therefore that the venue they had it at was the best. I will try and be as objective as possible for this review to help anyone else out there in their choice of wedding venue.
Before the wedding: Our comminucation before the wedding was a mixutre of meetings, emails and phone calls mostly to Nina. Meetings were arranged a time that suited us, Every single email was answered promptly, and all phone calls were returned. We were also encouraged to come up befoe the big day with out photographer and videographer to run through everything.
On the day: Due to the poorer weather we had our ceremony indoors on the staircase, we were able to do it the exact way we wanted and Nina and John helped to get everyone into place. When I arrived (slightly early!) everyone was already in position and ready to go. The ceremony was lovely and felt very intimate on the staircase surronded by our friends and family. After we went out for our photos. It was very cold and we were welcomed back into the main house with mulled wine made by the chef. An absolutely lovely touch that we really appreciated! We then went across to the coach house were we had 10 minutes to relax to ourselves. I cannot get across how lovely those 10 minutes were, I got to sit and relax with my husband and talk, with drinks (thanks John) and watch our guests being seated and ordering (a lovely break in our day). Our meal was lovely (soup, beef and sticky toffee pudding), we asked guests to be honest with their opinions and everyone complimented the meal (especially the soup!).
At night: The evening reception was a lot of fun, we opted for a DJ (supplied with our package at the hotel). We had a photobooth which was set up in a sensible place next to the bar. The buffet was lovely and there was enough for the guests, we also had a cake buffet which the hotel cut up for everyone. We had brought a lot of small things for the hotel to put out throughout the night which they did. Prices for drinks were absolutely fine £3.50 a pint and £2.50 for vodka and coke. I have paid much more at other weddings!
We want to thank all of the staff at the hotel for all of their work. It truely was a lovely day!
The only thing that I would suggest if we were to do the day again: microphones for the speeches (as a couple of older guests didn't quite hear it all).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craigsanquhar Hotel is a Scottish country house located 6 miles from St. Andrews in the rolling countryside of Fife. The Hotel is situated within 36 acres of gardens and woodland. Nathaniel's Restuarant & Bar has recently opened at Craigsanquhar with the goal of bringing "Scotland's Larder" to the table. Craigsanquhar also offers extensive catering facilities for weddings, receptions, and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Craigsanquhar House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigsanquhar House Hotel Craigsanquhar
- Craigsanquhar Hotel Cupar
- Craigsanquhar House Hotel Fife