We had our wedding at Craigsanquhar on 30th May this year. When we first enquired about having our wedding here it was John we spoke with. On deciding on Craigsanquhar and paying our deposit, we were told we wouldn't need to do anything until 6 weeks before the date. I did find this a bit strange but having never organised a wedding before we didn't question it. So when I received a message from Lara (shortly after she started) saying she had our enquiry form and was wondering what stage we were at with our decisions, I did start to panic. On speaking to her she put my mind at rest and confirmed that we had our date but our file was severely lacking in detail. I told her we hadn't been asked for any other info. Shocked, she promptly asked us the relevant questions and sent the relevant paperwork. She was wonderful!!
Our menu tasting was organised and while the food was excellent, they forgot to have us taste the vegetarian option and the wine. Lara was off the day we were in and she did apologise for the mistake and offer us a second tasting but we declined.
Everything else ran smoothly on the run up to the day. We had the most perfect weather. The house is stunning, as are the grounds and the surrounding countryside. It couldn't have looked more glorious and we wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. We had the ceremony on the lawn, apart from the exceptionally creased table cloth on the table, which I noticed on my way down the aisle, everything was perfect. The drinks and canapés were lovely.
The Coach House is lovely, a big space but really cosy too for our smaller reception. The food was excellent as expected, the only disappointment being that no wine top up was offered despite it being paid for. My husband and I had also been promised an extra glass each due to the mix up with the tasting. I approached Lara and she quickly got the 2 of us more drinks and offered to serve the top up but the guests were long past the empty wine glass stage and had taken themselves to the bar so it would have been pretty pointless.
Despite the hiccups, with the chance to do it all over again, we would still choose Craigsanquhar. The setting, the house, the honeymoon suite and the staff were everything you would want for your big day. Lara made it all happen though, I'm not too sure how things would have gone had she not joined the team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craigsanquhar Hotel is a Scottish country house located 6 miles from St. Andrews in the rolling countryside of Fife. The Hotel is situated within 36 acres of gardens and woodland. Nathaniel's Restuarant & Bar has recently opened at Craigsanquhar with the goal of bringing "Scotland's Larder" to the table. Craigsanquhar also offers extensive catering facilities for weddings, receptions, and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Craigsanquhar House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigsanquhar House Hotel Craigsanquhar
- Craigsanquhar Hotel Cupar
- Craigsanquhar House Hotel Fife