“Was a regular user. No longer for me. ”
Review of Royal Balti

Royal Balti
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I ordered a delivery at 1730 & was told 45 minute wait. At 1830 I was called & advised that the driver had broken down & that hopefully he would collect my food & deliver to me within 15 mins. I was also advised i was welcome to collect. I declined after all I requested delivery for a reason (car temp out of action) I then had another phone call at 1840 stating the driver was on his way to me. At 1900 he still hadn't arrived so I called back to be told he didn't know he was on his way & that he called me on the 1st call at 1830. I explained the 2nd call & then he advised that the driver was next to my house on the roundabout. He took a further 10 mins to get to me when I could do that in a couple of mins. The food was an hour late, no discount at all for the lies given, food was cold, all the bits for poppadoms were there but no poppadoms themselves. I used to go regularly & collect however no longer feel able to trust them. I would score this 0 if it would allow me.

3  Thank Emskij27

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We've been eating here and getting take-aways for years, always reliable quality and value. They can get a bit overwhelmed at times but I suppose that's a sign of its success.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My favourite treat!! Always my 1st choice for take away and Restaurant, meat tender, sauces rich in flavour, excellent food and service going that extra mile.

1  Thank Anita R
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Full of flavour and really well made curry's. Fast delivery and well priced. I'm a fan of the lamb madras. Very tasty and if you ask they make it slight less spicey and more taste :)
Always use them, always have, always will

2  Thank MattTF1
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Been using this restaurant for years. Can say it's the best tasting ever had. Service is always the best and a great atmosphere inside. Chicken tikka bhunna masala my favourite dish.