“terrible riding. Don't go!”

Lanner Equestrian Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Lanner
More attraction details
Owner description: Our aim is to teach horsemanship and horse riding from the ground up, preparing all of our clients with a solid knowledge and foundation of how to understand, handle, care for and ride a horse. Then, when they are ready to have their own horse, they will have the skills required to choose the right horse for them and the knowledge to care for him properly.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“terrible riding. Don't go!”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

i went to lanner stables for a day ride. im an experienced rider yet was given a fat, slow, lazy pony. The guide couldn't get her horse to trot or canter so we spend 5 hours riding at walk! we had a couple of short bursts of speed when another customer was asked to lead the ride as the guides horse refused to move. i must stress that i have 20 years of riding experience during which time i owned my own horse and worked as a ride escort myself but i have never been so disappointed with a riding stables. do not go for a day ride here if you are an experienced rider, its a complete rip off!

LanEquesCentre, Manager at Lanner Equestrian Centre, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I'm very sorry to hear of your less than perfect experience with us, as you can see from previous reviews this is not the norm and we will endevour to ensure it never happens again. Best Wishes.

Leyland, England, United Kingdom
“Holiday hack”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Visited with my son on holiday last month and went out for a hack. We have our own ponies and were getting withdrawal symptoms!

Don't be put off by the initial appearance. it isn't mega posh like some places but the people are great, very friendly and know their stuff, the ponies are in excellent condition and most importantly of all their philosophy is to make sure that the riders know how to care for the ponies.

We went hacking and the scenery was stunning - hours of amazing off road riding. We're thinking of coming back to Cornwall for our holidays again next year and if we do we shall definitely be back to visit you. The riding pool is such a fab idea if i lived there I'd loan you my pony to go in the pool and steal little Kitty for alternatives to my own pony for some hacks out.

Visited August 2012
Porthtowan, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to ride”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have been to many other riding stables, but all i did was go out on a 1 hour ride and that was it. But coming here I learnt how to tack up and care for a horse as well as riding out with a variety of different people. Sometimes i would be gone 1 hour other times longer. Brilliant place to ride all the horses have their own characters which it should be like. Also getting to know loads of different people who are all interested in riding. And if you don't know how to do something just asking someone will be able to answer it or show you how to do. Its a great place for beginners as well as more experienced riders. Best place i have been to.

Visited December 2011
Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Riding Pool = really great idea”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I recently moved to Cornwall and thought it was about time I got back into riding properly after a 10 year break. I tried out Lanner Equestrian centre and didn't bother going anywhere else! I became a member of the riding pool and it's fantastic. I can ride when it suits me, the people are friendly and knowledgeable, I get to ride a variety of horses who are all individual characters and lovely. It's really helped get my confidence back and I am getting the opportunity to learn new things each time. Beautiful scenery to ride in and best of all I can relax after a stressful day at the office by spending time brushing and pampering and riding amazing horses. Bliss. Great way of meeting like minded people!

Visited April 2012
Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than owning your own horse”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Been riding at Lanner for about 3 months now and it feels like a dream come through. As part of the riding pool now I love having the opportunity to ride a range of different horses each of which offers new challenges and opportunities for growth in my own riding ability. Really helpful staff and for me a new set of friendships that are based on a shared passion. Fantastic freedom to go out exploring the amazing landscape all around the Mineral Tramways. Riding through old mine buildings up onto the top of Carn Marth and Carn Brea, etc, its been great to explore this whole area of Cornwall on horseback. Great too to have the opportunity to learn so much more about the horses with superb guidance from Lorraine and her team. Can't recommend it enough.

Visited July 2012