“Excellent budget hotel to stay”
Review of Apollo Resort

Apollo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wamberal
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel on the 31st May . The room was clean and the owner was so kindly .
We stayed for one night and planned to stay somewhere else but we ended up coming back to the same hotel for the 2nd night.

• Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank Lilly11111

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have travelled extensively throughout Australia, Europe and Asia.

The first room I was offered had rat/mouse poo on the bed. Never have I been so disgusted. There was also no lock on the door.

The staff member didn't seem at all surprised or alarmed and offered me another room (I had to wait outside at 9:30pm in the dark with my bags while they "investigated".)

The air conditioning in the second room was broken and stuck on freezing all night. I had to sleep under a blanket from the second bed.

The shower door and shower head were filthy and covered in mould.

In the morning, I pulled out a chair to sit on and it was also covered in rodent faeces.

When I mentioned at checkout that I wasn't happy, the owner went to the room to "investigate" and came back to reception insisting that I show him the faeces. When I returned to the room with him, the poo had been swept from the chair onto the patio. Why else would he have opened the patio door? I could see the poo on the ground outside, but the owner said "this is natural, there will always be poo outside".

He then aggressively shouted at me for using the blanket on the second bed.

I know this is a "budget" hotel, but surely in Australia we should be able to pay for a room without animal faeces.

A nasty hotel, horrible owner and the worst accommodation I've ever experienced.

• Stayed: March 2014
11  Thank Rochellemaree
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Apollo resort has nothing in common with a resort like it apparently was in the past. It is a run down motel. Very overpriced!! The air conditioner in our room certainly cooled but the switch to control the fan was broken so cold air blasted out of the fan which was set on high and couldn't be turned down. The mattresses were covered in plastic which made the beds hot and sweaty. There was a huge ruckus in the middle of the night with things loud smashing noises. There was tea making facilities and toiletries. We were curtly told at check in that check out was at 10am, $20 per hour if any later. Believe me I didn't want to stay any later! I won't be going back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked the Apollo for two nights as I trust booking.com and it looked fine. My son was stressed by the comments on the internet.
However, It was very relaxing, did have some small minor repairs needed but nothing that affected comfort. The rooms were big, clean and comfortable, the dog was gorgeous. The sheets-spotless! The people were friendly and helpful, breakfasts were sumptuous. The facilities were fine-the hallways a little bleak - needed a lighter colour paint-the climate was humid but saw no cockroaches -there was no smell-maybe a little damp in one corridor but that is normal. They provided many small helpful services. I loved it and will stay there again!

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were good-I liked the size and cleanliness-in my room there was...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Resort would be a stretch,in fact it would be a lie.
TV didn't work,shower tiles missing,shower rose shot water everywhere,wardrobe door falling off,shower door broken,didn't dare stay for breakfast!!

Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank Lloyd J
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I read these reviews AFTER I booked and was horrified by what I had done. However I emailed the owners to relay my concerns and I was pleasantly surprised. I needed dog friendly accomm and this is very hard to find and I have stayed in a lot worse. It certainly isn't flash but it was clean and offered a good bed after a long drive. The noodle place up the road was great!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SammI200
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Well this place is by far the WORST hotel ever. We booked 3 nights & stayed 1 the had the owner try and slug me a $50 cancelation fee. Also had to change rooms, the pool was filthy, the rooms stank, overflowing rubbish, a bathroom that was full of mould. I could go on BUT this place needs to be closed down

• Stayed: January 2014
9  Thank Md8750
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wamberal
Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific
#5 of 6 in Terrigal
Forresters Beach Resort
Forresters Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Forresters Beach

Been to Apollo Resort? Share your experiences!