“Why is this not considered a hotel?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Hills Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malaybalay City
Pine Hills Hotel
Mindanao, Philippines
“Why is this not considered a hotel?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I do not understand why Pine Hills Hotel does not fall into your category of Hotels, and is tagged as a Bed and Breakfast or Inn. Whenever my family and I go to Bukidnon, this is the place where we check in, all the time, except when it's fully booked like during the Kaamulan Festival. The hotel rooms are spacious, are clean, with air conditioning, with really hot hot water, and their coffee shop serves very good food. And the staff are helpful and courteous. Plus there's parking for everyone. You're also right in the heart of the city and can just walk to the market or restaurants. This should be rated #1 in Malaybalay City.

Room Tip: It's always a good idea to book in advance.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ArtM299

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Willow Grove, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

lets start with the good points well of the road so its quiet , staff are friendly best hotel in town , now the bad news very poor maintained there are cracks in the ceiling in reception you cant use the pool the pump has died and know one knows when it will be going , my room no fridge cracks in the ceiling coorking missing around the bath , shower is a joke ( only had 1 good shower the whole time I was there ) some times there isnt any water or very little ( I did complian ) house keeping is addhock to say the least , some times there fast other times they missed my room , had to contact front desk because they forgot to leave fresh towels , this hotel would be a good hotel if the owners spent money on it with a bit of paint and care it can be a good hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Brownshooter

Travellers are raving about these Malaybalay City hotels

Zamboanga, Zamboanga, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Been here last year with the team for an official business in Bukidnon. Arrived at 8:00pm from a long land travel. Tired and have a dinner as we ordered thru call for the time of arrival. The hotel a nice safe place near the town of Malaybalay. They have also a souviner store. The cleanliness and services was okay, but not perfect as expected. Though its one of a quite place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Vangie G
Dapitan City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

It was May this year when I visited Bukidnon together with my boyfriend. Honestly, I have no idea where to stay in Bukidnon for a birthday escape of my boyfriend. My friends in Cebu suggested to me to be in this place. My friend's, too.

We arrived in Bukidnon late in the evening. I was amazed that even that even 11 in the evening their receptionist was still wearing a bright smile on her face. She attentively assisted us on the registration and preparation of the room.

The cold breeze of Bukidnon welcomed my boyfriend's birthday the next day. I prepared a continental breakfast with the assistance of the hotel's staff at their restaurant. I salute them for the cooperation.

Other thing that I may need to highlight is the fast and strong WiFi Connection. Wherever you may go in this hotel you can catch a 'full bar' WiFi connection. We even tag ourselves and upload photos on our facebook, twitter and instagram accounts.

We spent my boyfriend's special day in strolling the city of Malaybalay in Bukidnon. The good thing is we brought our sweaters and jackets to prevent chill in this cold place.

Two days is not enough in this city. We might get back to this place and will still stay in Pine Hills Hotel.

N.B.
It is not true that this hotel is mysterious. No horrors!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iamanjizar
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I live in the US and have visited Malaybalay over the past 2 years. This past year, the normal hotel which I stay at in Malaybalay was full, so I stayed 1 night at the Pine Hills Hotel because a few locals recommended the place.

The place was too pricey for the area at US$50 per night, but I made the assumption in believing there was some added value to be acquired from the hotel. There is not. Based on the other place I stayed, the Pines Hotel is worth no more than US$25 per night for a basic room. To command the price the hotel is asking, the ownership needs to pull out the checkbook and make some substantial improvements.

On entry into my room, I quickly observed the restroom had no toilet seat installed. This was a first and all I could do was smile. The room was clean, but the furniture was highly worn. The walls were concrete, had quite a few cracks, and I felt embarrassed for the individual who thought the walls looked acceptable after being repaired. I looked out my room window which overlooked the pool, and simply viewed the exterior walls and this very inexpensive attached lean to roof. Again I smiled, because I observed black mold growing all over the place. The nice paint job in the front of the building can be very deceptive. This place started to remind me of a cheap US motel, where the owner charged a premium for their place because there was simply so few choices in the area; yet reinvested nothing back into their facility.

On a positive note, the lobby area and restaurant were nice. I enjoyed the meals and especially the bacon. The staff who worked at the facility were very polite and have to be commended.

The guy that wrote the comment about the rock hard bed...he's right! The next time I travel to this city, I'm packing some type of air flotation to lay on top of the bed. Oh, and let me add that the hotel's wifi is worthless. Bottom line...I think this is just a clear situation where the ownership just doesn't get it and it's simply going to take a few harsh reviews. You would simply be better served to look elsewhere, unless there is a major price drop or some major upgrades are performed to justify the asking rate.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Accuate-Critique
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here during our visit in Malaybalay. It's location is convenient, at least for us, it was close to where my family lives. The bathrooms were what surprised me, for such a cheap stay, the bathrooms were quite nice. The beds were a little hard and so were the pillows, but it's not a big deal to me at least. The rooms may need a little updating: a splash of paint here and there and a little spackle to cover some of the cracks on the wall, but really, you're only there to sleep anyway. Service was great, the girls and the security guards were all so prompt. The food could be better especially some of the American food choices. Most of all, FREE WIFI!!!! That's a big plus on my list. All in all it's been a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Izrah T
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Located at the heart of Malaybalay City - The Provincial Capital of Bukidnon, Pine Hills Hotel will cater to your hotel needs. Rooms are clean, neat and spacious. You'll find the rest and sleep you're looking for. For those who are looking for fun, the hotel has a pool where you may take a dip with a cold beer at hand from the hotel's bar. Customers vary from families to professionals on a business trip.
At night, there's an entertainer who sings and plays the piano for those who are taking their dinner or killing their time. So while enjoying your food or while surfing the internet (hotel has free wifi), it's nice to have a good music for your background. Certainly a good find!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
#3 of 32 in Cagayan de Oro
Dahilayan Forest Park Resort
Dahilayan Forest Park Resort
#2 of 3 in Manolo Fortich

Been to Pine Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!