“Our Home Away From Home!”
Review of Pine Mountain Inn

Pine Mountain Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Mountain Club
Pine Mountain Inn
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The smartest thing I could have done was let my family stay our house and my husband and I stay at the Inn. Family and friends come to vacation at our house and we go vacation at the Inn. When Diana, the Innkeeper, had her grand opening, I could not believe how gorgeous the rooms were!!! Each room (there are 7) was decorated so beautifully with each having their own individual personality. At that time,I never thought I would ever stay there since I lived so close by. I just thought that there was an amazing place for my family to stay at if I'm bursting at the seams and we are running out of space at home. Well, I worked that to my advantage because as of today, I have stayed in 3 of the 7 rooms. The rooms are so comfortable, warm, cozy and they are impeccably clean. Which is huge for me!!! But what really makes this place the best, is the Innkeeper, Diana. She wants your stay to be perfect and she will do what needs to be done to make that happen. Even for us locals!!! Next time your in the area, please stay at Pine Mountain Inn!!! A place you will call your home away from home!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This is one of those deals where it all is just perfect. New remodelled building in the mountains just a few hours form LAX and the hectic of the city. Cleanest place i seen in this size hotel. Trees. Large rooms. Sat TV . to eat you got to go over to the golf resort which you get full access to when staying at pine mnt inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sasve
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We spent two nights at the lovely Pine Mountain Inn this January. We found the innkeeper, Diana, to be very warm, helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Star Room and it was beautiful, nicely updated and cozy. We really enjoyed the fire at night, with provided log,s and the private deck in the sun. The king bed was cozy and warm. The bathroom was clean and modern. Continental breakfast was a nice touch and the Base Camp cafe was really close for great food for breakfast and lunch. We were glad we had slippers as the floor, especially in the bathroom, was chilly - we expected as much in the mountains in January!

Room Tip: Star Room has a king bed, fireplace and private deck on the second floor - great view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for a weekend get away. We stayed in the Jordan room. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. It was spacious and relaxing. The bed was firm and there was some sagging on one side of the bed. The lighting was dim. I called a head of time to see if the room had an iron and ironing board and it did but there really was no place to use it. I used it on the round table in our room and it was hard to handle. An ideal place would have been on top of the dresser in the walk in closet but there was no outlet close enough to plug in the iron. Another thing I wish the room had was a mini frig to put our left overs in from dining out but the town is so friendly that the restaurant should have no problem keeping the food for you in their frig. The owner Diana was very nice, and easy going. We will definitely consider going back in the future if we need a place to stay in the area. It is really a place to get away from it all. At this point in time there is no cell phone service in the area.

Food: We ate at the pizza place close by. The pizza was just okay, wasn't awesome but wasn't awful. We also ate at the Art Gallery across the way. It is a bit pricey and we did not really enjoy the food for dinner but the atmosphere are owner were good.

Room Tip: The Jordan room and the Star room are the two rooms on the top floor with their own balcony and a de...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed here several times while in the area for work, and I felt right at home. Diana, the inn keeper, honestly does care about her guests and she was always prompt and accommodating in helping me to arrange my travel plans. Each room is different, and I needed a lower priced room due to the travel ceiling, so I always stayed in the Wildflower Room. I liked this room because it has two decks, and it is quite nice to sit outside and eat or read. There are many nice touches in the room, and it is comfortable and pleasant. The one downside is the mattress is old and caved in, offering terrible back support. Also, the floors are creaky so you hear the people upstairs. Otherwise, everything worked well - the shower, lighting, TV, plenty of electric plugs, two tables to sit at plus the outside seating. There is no AC, but it stays cool in the room with the drapes drawn and there is a ceiling fan. The little heating unit did work well on a very cold night, and there are heavy comforters on the bed. The towels and sheets are of good quality. There is no fridge or microwave (none to use in the office either), and the ice machine only gives handfuls of crushed ice. However, the little town has a general store and some restaurants (almost all of them are only open on weekends, even in the summer). The town is very nice to walk around, and is set in a pine forest with very tall trees. It is much more pleasant than staying in Frazier Park or near Hwy. 5. Make sure to check out the binder in the room - it has tons of detailed information about the area, including a nature guide to local wildlife and descriptions of hiking trails. You get a pass to the resort across the street, and in the binder there is a schedule of things to do there, so I believe you have access to the water aerobics & yoga classes, etc. but perhaps for a small fee. It will also get you into the club restaurant, where they have live entertainment.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ostara864
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We found this place by accident when googling for a place to stay en route between LA and Carrizo Plains. This area wasn't somewhere we planned to visit but the place looked so cute on the website and the really personal email from Diana when we enquired about availability sold it to us. Wow, so glad we took the detour. The drive out to Pine Mountain is nothing short of stunning and when you arrive in the village it feels like a ski resort with pretty lights everywhere and lovely wooden buildings. Our room was cozy and comfortable and so inviting after a long drive, really nicely decorated and with all sorts of thoughtful extras. We chatted to Diana the following morning, she's as lovely as you could hope and very welcoming. Overall we wished we had booked for more than one night! One thing to note is that most of the restaurants start to shut around 8/8.30pm - worth remembering so you don't miss out on dinner!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha__Harris__12
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We spent last Friday at the Pine Mountain Inn in Pine Mountain Club and it surpassed our expectations! The town is adorable and charming and you can walk pretty much everywhere "downtown" from the Inn. We arrived after dark on a chilly night and were pleasantly surprised that the heat and lights were on in our room...very cozy! Since we were only there for one night, we took the less expensive non-pet-friendly room downstairs (my husband is allergic to pets) -- Wildflower (the upstairs rooms have fireplaces too -- I am sorry we didn't have time to check them out too). Photos on the website do not do this room justice! The decor is true to the theme of wildflowers, but it is not frou-frou. Clever bas-relief stencils in the plaster of the walls, beautiful blow-ups of photos (by the innkeeper) of wildflowers, a comfy antique queen bed, etc. The Inn has only been open for about 18 months and everything feels brand new, yet cozy and warm. Our room even had a private deck overlooking the pines. We wish we could have stayed longer and are certain we will be back when we need a getaway from the city. Thanks to Diana for making our short stay memorable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank venusinvenice

Been to Pine Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!