“Great massages @ Graha Beach Sengigi Hotel, Spa facility” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aruna Senggigi

Aruna Senggigi
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Senggigi
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Great massages @ Graha Beach Sengigi Hotel, Spa facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

After a few weeks traveling in Asia and Indonesia, I needed to have a good massage when I arrived in Sengigi. A friend of mine recommended to take a massage at Graha Beach Sengigi Hotel.

The welcome by the staff is very warm and all my questions were answered. They explained to me the treatments and also showed me the products they're using. I finally chose the full body scrub and full body massage. It was GREAT!

I like my massages to be done with a firm approach and quite strong. I got exactly what I asked for. From my toes to my head, everything was taken care off. The body scrub is really good if you wish to sunbath the next day, so the bronzing process goes faster.

During the treatmenth the staff were very gentle and also explained to me what they were going to do next. After the treatment they wished me a pleasant journey.

What can I say; GREAT treatments and PROFESSIONAL service.

If you're in the neighbourhood... please stop by, I can really recommend it!

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel, but I only made use of the spa facilities.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ratna P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our family only had one night at this hotel and found it very pleasant. The grounds are beautifully maintained with ponds, lotus flowers and frogs. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the open air bathrooms, including plants. Our comfortable rooms were right beside the pool which was fine as the hotel was quiet at the time but there are plenty of rooms set well back from the pool side area of you want a very quiet, private experience here at Graha. We had massages at the pool side spa and enjoyed the initial foot bath. Having two restaurants available to choose from including beach side is a bonus if you don't want to walk anywhere. If not, there are plenty of restaurants nearby as well as a clean beach to swim at.

Room Tip: Further back on the reception side of the road if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Tracey M
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with the staff hospitality during our stay. The security greet warmly, the bellboy and the reception girl were also attentive and serve with their best hospitality. Mr. Budi the bellboy was so friendly and helpful. Feels like home. About the hotel, we enjoy and have a quality sleep here. The bathroom is so excellent, it has semi outdoor style. Unfortunately we didn't try the breakfast, but we have breakfast box because our early flight in the morning. The pool and garden also beautiful. I really enjoy while sitting and doing nothing at the sea view Resto, it was so relaxing. Tips: they have good location, nearby Cafe/pub and art market.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Junaidi_2012
GrahaBeachSenggigi, Public Relations Manager at Aruna Senggigi, responded to this review, 18 November 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write reviews on trip advisor. we will be obtaining improve the service quality of our hotel and we are waiting for your next visit.
Surrey, B.C. Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed 3 separate times in the Senggigi area and of the four hotels I stayed at in the $35-$60 US/night range I enjoyed my stay at the Graha Hotel the best ($55 US/night ). The beautiful pool was number one on my list of likes....the rooms (on the pool side) were fine and were thoroughly cleaned and linens and towels were changed daily ( unlike all the other hotels in this price range). The complimentary breakfast was served at the restaurant on the beach and was quite nice,
but the weekend breakfast buffets were very good...The Chinese food at the pool side restaurant is good and popular also.
Surprisingly many of the staff still remembered myself from my visit from two years previous, and as such I was afforded a very friendly and well serviced stay.
I've always enjoyed the massages at the spa , and find they are staffed by quality experienced ladies .At my suggestion the spa brought back the pre-massage ritual warm foot wash and scrub in the big bowl with fresh flowers .... sweet!!
A very nice place to chill out and relax by the pool after travelling for weeks on end .... plus it's a only 10 minute walk to restaurant row in Senggigi.

Brad Murakami age 49
Surrey, B.C. Canada

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank bajasurbrad
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here on way to gili islands and left feeling like should have just gone straight to them.

The hotel is nice but certain things did let it down. We turned up and managed to get a room on beach side which was nice although there was some noise from the road which is very close to the rooms. The rooms this side did have air conditioning and the bathrooms were excellent.

The pool for the hotel is nice but the pool bar was not in operation which was a shame.

I would recommend a drink by the beach as the view is great!

The breakfast we had was the biggest let down. The options were good but the amount of fruit was not very good and the juice was tiny. The worst bit was that the plate with the cooked options was brought to us with some ants crawling on the plate.

If you can secure a good discount and are only staying for a day or two then this hotel could suit.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank THOMAS D
Marlborough
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed only 1 night here. Managed to get a small discount on the rate...thank god! The room was very outdated, bathroom partially is outdoor that definitely needs either updating or cleaning properly. Not good enough for the price! This room was located on the land side of the resort. Also a lot of mosquitoes in the room!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank flyingkiwis_9

Travellers are raving about these Senggigi hotels

Tangerang, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

If you're staying here, get the beach-side rooms. They're great, just a few feet from the beach! The beach is way quieter than beaches in more commercial places like Bali, and while there will be some locals hawking souvenirs or offering massages, it's not as bad as in Kuta. The only downside was the noisy club next door, I can hear the music ALL night (stayed in 304).

Room Tip: Get the ones near the beach!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business