We stayed here for 5 nights in a Dahlia Double. When we checked in a young guy named Awan took our bags to our room. He explained there was some waterfall in his home village and that we could arrange a trip there the entire time leading us to believe this was something to be booked through the hotel. Anyway, after we gave him the money he explained he was still in training and that we could not tell anyone or he'd lose his job and that the hotel offers the same tour for much more money. Before we could even register this, he turned around and ran off with our money. We spent a few hours felling like absolute fools and then received a phone call that we had a "friend" waiting for us in the lobby, which we immediately knew was Awan. We met him in the lobby and explained that my boyfriend was feeling very ill and we could not go. Awan then tried to say he could not return the money because he had already booked everything but we convinced him to return 600,000 of the 700,000 rupees we gave him. Of course, he had to go "borrow" this money from a friend at the hotel but we know he just pulled it out of his pocket. I had to meet him in the girls bathroom by the lobby pool for him to return the money. In the end, we paid about $10 USD for a lesson well learned. If you want to book a trip be sure it is through the hotel. We even heard Awan say this same sales pitch to other guests as he took their bags to the rooms. Watch out for this guy. I don't feel that this should reflect on other employees at this resort because we felt that most were very friendly and hard working. Just be careful.
Other than this our stay her was quite pleasant. The food was good and there are a lot of shops and restaurants near the resort. Also, the pools are awesome. The only other complaint about this place is that whenever we took a shower, the bathroom would be swamped with water. I mean water EVERYWHERE. The drainage was awful and it was dangerously slippery walking in the bathroom.
Again, this was a really nice resort and as far as facilities, we were very pleased. Just watch out for Awan!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the arms of a cliff and among Lombok's natural landscape, the hotel takes its name 'kebun' which means 'garden' in Bahasa. A tropical oasis; inspired by the concepts of natural living and modest luxury, our garden home allows you to experience the art of slowing down in quiet seclusion. With a 24hr Front Desk, upgraded (free) WIFI and daily housekeeping at your service, there is no better place to ease your mind.Be immersed in the tranquil ambience of nature. Lose yourself in the sounds of the rustling trees. Leave your city worries behind. Welcome to The Kebun Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kebun Villas & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manna Kebun Hotel Senggigi
- Kebun Villas & Resort Senggigi, Lombok