“Kebun villa - A well hidden gem!”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Senggigi
“Kebun villa - A well hidden gem!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Being an avid traveller myself, I love it when a place surprises me.. . and Kebun did that with its quiet charm and tranquility. It had a pristine quality, unlike that of commercialised resorts, and that won me over immediately.

Stepping in, we were ushered to a private villa of our own, complete with a private pool and spacious high ceiling rooms. I also liked how serene everything was, with the lush foliage adding a nice touch of nature.

With me falling in love with the place already, little did I know that I was in for the biggest surprise of my life yet!

It turned out that my then boyfriend had planned to propose to me during this trip and the resort staff did a fantastic job in helping him out... resulting in a huge success that left me in happy tears :')

From a romantic candle lit dinner by the pool strewn with fresh flower petals to 99 roses and wine, there was nothing more for me to ask for ;)

I highly recommend this resort for an idyllic get away and be sure to get the in- room breakfast as well! You can snorkel in the clear blue waters of Lombok and soak up the sun or go island hopping. Our stay was too short and we will definitely be back for the delicious "panggang" (grilled) seafood and waterfalls!

Ps. For more details, do refer to the write up by my fiance (ahaugs) below! ;)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kebun88, Manager at Kebun Villas & Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Synne,

It was an honor to be part of your big night during your stay with us. Our service team had a lot of fun and fulfillment being part of such an important milestone of your's. We were also happy to know that you appreciated our in-villa breakfast which has been a hit with most of our Villa guests so far.

That said, we look forward to having you and your partner during your next trip to the beautiful and untouched island of Lombok.

Kebun Villas & Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was very peaceful and calm, settled amongst the beautiful forest behind Senggigi beach in Lombok. The hotel has a very good infinity pool which allows ample of space for all the residents without private villas. I shared a room with my brother and so we got one of the Seroja twin rooms which had a brilliant view (up on the second floor) of the infinity pool, as well as the sea.
During my stay I had an easy time of just walking a mere 10-15 minutes down to the centre of the "main street" of Senggigi where I was able to find very good restaurants for a great price, such as Warung Senggigi (which is restaurant with the best green Lombok curry I tried during my 8 day vacation with very reasonable prices) as well as Papa Besar Restaurant, which are both very close to the hotel.
The only 'issue' I had with the hotel was the variety of breakfast served and the contents available. The fruits on offer were very tasty, as well as the asian foods, but the western foods usually only consisted of carbohydrates with hardly any influences of things such as sausages and bacon (but they did have this once every 2 days or so). Another thing, as with every hotel, the foods and drinks available from the hotel room's bar was overpriced and so I would recommend, on the first day, to go down to one of the convenience stores along Senggigi to stock up on any necessary snacks and drinks (A coke in the hotel room's bar was around 15,000Rp whereas the same can of coke would only be around 7,000Rp at the shop [around €1 at the €0.50 in the shop).
All in all, the area was beautiful, and I would definitely come back to Senggigi and stay at Kebun. It was a beautiful trip.

Room Tip: For friends or any siblings travelling together, the Seroja twin rooms were very spacious with a gre...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AnnaSAdevntures
Dear Anna,

We truly appreciate your taking the time to write about your positive experience with us. The special mention of the beautiful views from your room and our prime location have been a pleasure to read for the managers here. We will certainly be looking forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Lombok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Before I talk about the resort, do note that I travelled from Singapore to Lombok by transiting at Bali, there were some delays between Bali > Lombok so do try to get a direct flight to Lombok if you can :) There is a Singapore > Lombok flight via SilkAir.
Although its no surprise of delays in domestic flights, it does hurt the overall experience, nothing to do with the resort though :)

Kebun Villas & Resort has got to be one of the most amazing places I've had the joy of staying in. My girlfriend wanted a weekend break away, so after some poking around I decided to try this place out, and emailed them to check if they could help me out on a little something extra ;)
So, in the end I settled on one of their Angsana Villas, and also opted for their private transport to-and-fro from the Lombok airport. Do note that it takes about an hour by car from the airport to the resort.
Truth be told, we were a little fatigued from all the travelling around. But from the moment we entered the resort and stepped into our private villa, BAM! It was like stepping into another world and we were just blown away by the tranquillity of it all.

They have somehow managed to lock in a feeling of peace and quiet within the resort, and trust me, I've been to a few resorts in my time but I've never quite had a feeling such as this. It was a great even just walking within the resort, from the lush greenery throughout, to the main restaurant in the centre overlooking the pool, whilst a cooling breeze flows through that adds to the calming and relaxing mood of it all. Sometimes its just nice to be away from other people and crowds, and I was very, very glad to be there.

Just a short writeup about the stuff we did in the 3D2N we stayed there:

We arrived around 8pm on the first day(I know, its a bloody waste but ah well, that was the best we could do) and immediately wanted dinner! the resort staff was very helpful in recommending some local faves and we settled for this place called "Warung Menega" which specialised in BBQ seafood. they called ahead to get us a place reserved and also got us a cab to drive us down, it was about a 7 mins drive. AMAZING FOOD, very fresh and authentic(you can skip the baby lobsters though), the rest of the seafood is amazing enough, and also cheaper ;) we order twice as it was really good and we had to eat more :)

On the second day, we took our breakfast at the restaurant(IF YOU DO BOOK A VILLA, USE THE IN-VILLA BREAKFAST SERVICE!) Also, with the help of the staff, arranged for a day snorkelling trip that lasted from about 9am-6pm. A short description of it would be that it was a great experience, with clear beautiful waters, and loads of fishes swimming around. highly recommended!!!
When we got back from the snorkelling trip I arranged for an in-villa massage session which is also very good!! and while the message was going on, there was a surprise brewing beyond those closed curtains..... ;)
Once the massage was done and the curtains were lifted, we were treated to an amazing sight! the pool area in the villa was transformed into a super romantic in-villa candle-lit dining experience! for photos of this just check out their facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/kebunresort/photos_stream (you'll also be able to check out my proposal pics)

so yes, I'll admit it now, I emailed them in advance to ask if they could help me out in proposing to my lady, of which they happily obliged and helped arrange a number of things as well, and I am truly grateful to them for a very successful marriage proposal! :D

on the third day we ordered breakfast in-villa and it was great! make sure you do that everyday you have in the villa :p Also the flight was quite early in the morning and we were very sad we had to go so early on the last day..... :(

Some other notes/tips:
1) I read some previous reviews that the Wifi was terrible in the Angsana villas, I believe the management must have upgraded them. I was in villa 9 which I believe was the one furthest away and I had an almost full signal on my devices. I did however, regret checking my work email(DO NOT DO THAT ON HOLIDAY)
2) Do check with the resort on places to go and things to do to fully enjoy your stay!
3) Definitely a great place to propose(Tried and tested 100% success! :D)
4) Bed was very comfortable, the in-villa food was great! kudos to the chef, and the staff were friendly and welcoming!

Lastly, thank you Kebun Villas & Resort for being so awesome, this loving couple(ha,ha) have full intentions of going back on a yearly basis so wait for us!!!

Room Tip: Just get.... THE VILLA! :D no regrets for sure!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Augustus,

WOW! Your positive review has left the managers and service staff here speechless. Your kind words have been both flattering and motivating for all of us. We were especially happy to note that you plan to visit us as a ***yearly affair from here on out***.

Also, it had been both a fun and fulfilling experience to be part of such an important milestone for both you and your lady and we hope to host you for your many other milestones from here on out.

Vic,Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Kebun Villas is a very nice resort, quite simple in some ways (there's really just the rooms, one restaurant and the pool) but attractive and well maintained.
There are 2 main reasons why I would recommend staying at Kebun - the pool is one of the most amazing I have seen, 75m long and high enough up the hill so that you almost feel like you are swimming amongst the tree-tops! It's so big that you are always guaranteed to have an area all to yourself. The other reason is the price. Whilst Kebun is not a luxurious resort, it is incredible quality for the cheap price we paid.If you wanted to travel to Lombok on a budget then you would be really happy with Kebun. A couple of things that need to be looked at though, the AC in the room was very noisy and the toaster at breakfast is hopeless (hardly cooks in 10 min)
There are enough restaurants and shops around Senggigi to keep you occupied for a couple of days but there's not much else to do there. We were disappointed with the beaches in the area, very average, but there are some nicer beaches around the island if you are prepared to travel. We would highly recommend Square Restaurant in town- really high quality food.
We enjoyed our stay at Kebun Villas and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DMJGJ,

First off, we are grateful that you took the time to write a detailed and flattering review of our Garden Home. The kind words of our distinguished guests about their experiences with us mean so much to the managers and service staff here.

We really appreciate that you view us as a hotel with reasonable prices and that you found our infinity pool to be the most amazing you have seen. Thank you!

Having looked at the issue with the AC in your room, we are glad to inform you that the issue has been rectified through some much needed maintenance work. Also, we will apply your comments on our toaster and procure a good, hotel grade one as soon as possible.

Finally, we appreciate your kind words and constructive criticisms of our resort and will be looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently graduated and was looking for somewhere to unwind and get back my energy. Having been to Kebun once before I decided to return - since there are also cheap flights from Singapore. Kebun is the best place to go if you are looking for somewhere to de-stress and regain your energy. The garden theme of the resort creates a zen like and very relaxing and refreshing atmosphere.

The villa I stayed in was huge and impressive, it boasted two separate building structures (one for the bedroom the other for the living area), this was separated by my own private pool! I felt like a king! In the morning you choose between a villa breakfast or the regular buffet. The villa breakfast is a real plus because it lets you put to good use the massive living area - making it feel very homely - and allows you to enjoy the privacy of the villa sanctuary and away from the crowd at the breakfast buffet.

Hotel staff are also very friendly! At the reception they can help arrange tours; I went snorkeling where you get to see plenty of colorful fish. I also visited Lombok's largest waterfall - it was a worthwhile hike!

The cocktails were also great, I had lots since they were going one-for one!

The bed in the villa was very comfortable, as someone who has intermittent bouts of insomnia I was very impressed that I had no difficulty sleeping.

I have come back fully charged and rejuvenated and look forward to my next get away there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Keith,

Congrats on your graduation!

We are happy and flattered to know that you chose us as your vacation spot to recuperate from your months of endless studying.

Your kind words on our food, sleep quality, service and cocktails have brought only smiles to the faces of our managers and supervisors here as they work tirelessly to ensure that the experiences of all our distinguished guests are a positive one. Thank you!

With all that being said, we look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Lombok.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was looking for nice hotel to celebrate birthday and finally find this resort with affordable price. Location was good and very quiet, unfortunately my partner was sick when we are heading to this place, but we find a clinic in Senggigi area near the resort. Booked for Dahlia with double bed but got upgraded to Kamboja family room. Was surprised coz no one told us and confused why booked for double bed but end with two beds. After asked to the bell boy, he explained they upgrade our room to family room. Room and bathroom was spacious, but little bit dirty in the corner of bathroom. We order room service and surprised the food was delicious. Breakfast in the morning was average, but compare than other resort in Lombok, Kebun Villas have lot of choices for breakfast. One thing need to be improved just for the cleanliness in the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mei_MarceLLo
Dear Marcello,

Thank you very much for writing such a kind review of our Garden Home. The service staff and managers here are all flattered by it.

Our master chef is very passionate about his work. So knowing that you appreciated the food prepared here is a fantastic feeling for him.

We have provided your feedback to the housekeeping department on the cleanliness of the bathroom and steps will be taken to ensure that a higher level of cleanliness is maintained in our washrooms.

Again, thank you for writing such a nice review and we'll be looking forward to hosting you again during your next vacation in Lombok.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place to end the final days of our holiday. The staff is amazing friendly and proffesional. Thr trainees had a shirt with trainee on it so it was easy to see if they could manage everything in de first moment. Really good idea! The rooms were amazing and big. In front of the rooms you have a big swimmingpool and another one at the restaurant. The food was perfect and everything was made fresh! Good prices value for money. They made a special place for glampackers and so was the price of the room. Thanks for the great days!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kebun88, Manager at Kebun Villas & Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Lennard,

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our Garden Home. We are both flattered and relieved to know that we managed to get it right by you on all fronts during your stay with us and would definitely be looking forward to hosting you again during your next holiday to Lombok.