Review Highlights
Really great experience

A Really great experience. I can't describe the day any other way. Great dive sites around the Gili... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Anja K
via mobile
Would recommend Scuba Froggy to every ocean lovers :)

What a wonderful team of scuba divers! I had the chance to do my Open water course with Vanessa, an... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Camille T

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Lombok
from £17.82
from £69.65
from £62.36
from £31.59
More Info
All reviews dive master gili islands diving trip boat crew day trip these guys octopus moray eels herman instructor safety equipment team briefing lombok visibility aziz
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2014

Scuba Froggy came recommended by our hotel the Sheraton Senggigi and my friend and I were very happy with our experience. We paid about 500,000 rupiah for the day long snorkel trip which included a morning and afternoon dive off of the Gilis and a lunch break (1.5 hours) on Gili Trawangan. The transfer from our hotel to the boat was included and a scenic 20 minute drive by bus with other guests from our hotel. We left at 9 am sharp and returned by 4 pm. There were only 8 customers total on our dive that day which was very relaxing and not chaotic at all. The staff of four were super nice and provided water, chocolate and coffee. Our instructor's name escapes me (started with an F) and he was French and very friendly, along with his wife from Lombok who also attended. On our dives we saw over 6 sea turtles, barracuda, blowfish, and dozens of species of tropical fish I can't name. I live in Miami and regularly snorkel the Florida Keys and this was much better!! The visibility was insanely good with pockets of warm & cool water. I suggest wearing a swim skin top to stay warm when going in deeper water. The afternoon dive included a wreck but we ended up seeing less fish here. There were a lot of boats around and there was a lot of gasoline in the water which I wasn't fond of.

We really enjoyed the lunch stop on Gili Trawangan. What a unique place! We did some shopping and had lunch on the beach at our own expense. This was a great way to experience the Gilis if not staying there. Wish I could have done more dives!

Date of experience: November 2014
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy - Senggigi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2014

Hello cocotravels77,

Thanks for your time to write us such a kind review.

The guide with you on the boat that day should be Farid.

It is a real satisfaction to read that you spend a good day with our team. Gili islands offer almost all year long good conditions for diving and snorkeling.

We do hope to see you soon to share some more snorkeling and why not next time trying diving!

Reviewed 14 November 2014

We had a Lovely Day Trip to Gili Air we went with Scubba Froggy & the Staff were fun to be with.
We would go with them again & recommend them to any other travellers.

Date of experience: September 2014

Hello gypsygirl52,

Thanks for your time to write us a review.

It is a pelasure to read that you did enjoyed your day with us around the Gili islands.

We do hope to meet you soon to share some more good times around the Gili!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

This was a great day trip from Senggigi. We were picked up by a friendly staff member, all transfers were included. The boat is quite open and was a fun ride - be sure to pack any essentials in a waterproof bag as we got lots of splashes, even though the water was calm. The two snorkelling sessions in different locations were great, especially the first one. It was a lovely idea to drop us in, then let us float with the current with the boat picking us up at the other end - no hard swimming! We had a guide with us the whole time, and he enthusiastically found turtles, clams, lobsters and other highlights for us.
The lunch spot they recommended was fine, and there were plenty of other options around.
It was a most enjoyable day for all of us. Given our group included first time and experienced snorkelers, it was great that there was plenty for all of us to enjoy.
I also appreciated the help given in advance of the trip, and Guillame and his crew's patience with our group changing our booking back and forth!
Be aware there is some climbing on and off the boat, and the staff happily assisted in every way they could for those who needed help.

Date of experience: October 2014
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy - Senggigi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Hello cravingescape,

Thanks for your time to write us a review.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your snorkeling day.

We try to find a way to make the boat access easier in all circumstances and for the moment our staffs help the best they can.

We do hope to see you soon to share some more swimming time around Gili islands.

Reviewed 31 October 2014

Not the best diving centre I tried in my life. They are a little bit chaotic and not to much organized.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank Milano78
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy - Senggigi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2014

Dear Milano78,

Interesting really short comment. It would have been nice for our futur customers to explain in which way we are "chaotic" and "not organised".

The Scuba Froggy operations are running the same way, everyday for the past 4 years and you are the first to quote us "chaotic" and "not organised" in 140 comments, or maybe your review was for another dive center?

Divers group are clearly define, DM or instructor care about their groups (which by the way are small groups compare to other diving school), services available onboard are numerous and free of charge, pick up are on time, gear is set up for you by the team, cleanned for you and so on!
I really don't understand which side of our daily trip is disorganised and chaotic but if you have time to spare feel free to send me an e-mail with more details, if there is any details, as it is always interesting for us to know more in order to improve.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2014

The office staff at Scuba Froggy went above and beyond and were extremely helpful in organising our booking. I was happy to see there were a number of children on our boat, as I had been worried about how our 10 year old would go. The guides on the boat were very friendly and great with the kids in the water. The highlight of my day was swimming alongside a turtle. The only downside is I would have liked to have snorkelled for longer. I think our second session was cut short due to other tourists on the boat not wanting to get in the water after lunch.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank Creamcheeks
ScubaFroggy-GiliAir, Owner at Scuba Froggy - Senggigi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

Hello Creamcheeks,

Thanks for your time to write us a review.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your snorkeling trip with Scuba Froggy and that you appreciated our guides on the boat as well as on the water.

I'm a bit confused regarding the "issue" about time spend on the water during the second snorkeling but I will check this out with the concerned staff. If you could send me some more details by e-mail it would help us improve our services for other snorkelers or even for your next visit!

Wishing to see you soon to share some more time around turtles.