Arriving at night the hotel's entrance looked inviting and impressive and we were given a very warm but professional welcome. All the staff at this hotel are exceptionally friendly - not one walks by you without saying "hello" or asking how you day is - they have had excellent training here and it also appeared genuine. First impression of our room, which was beach facing on the ground floor with a lovely little terrace to the garden - for which we had paid a premium, was that it was in need of a renovation - in particular the bathroom. It was clean, comfy and tidy but felt very used and old and the tiling in the shower area was in need of attention. - I have since learned that renovations are due to take place, and this can only be expected in a hotel of this age. The bed which I think was referred to as a 'sweet-sleeper' was incredibly comfortable and we really did have sweet sleeps! The grounds were beautfully maintained with lush lawns and fragranced flowers - all very appealing to the senses. The pool is beautiful and feels very private with its turns, bridges and little hideaways. Some of the furniture around the pool felt very old and in need of replacement, again though, I have heard that they are replacing those pieces bit by bit. There was certainly enough pool furniture for all guests to enjoy and it was well positioned around the pool and facing the beach. The hotel is set in a beautiful bay and it is wonderful to snorkle straight off the beach (for 4 of our 5 day visit the water was very clean - then one day be it due to the tide or whatever it had lots of rubbish in it which was a massive put off).
The spa deserves a special mention. The ladies are just beautiful and the spa being positioned right on the beach which can be seen from the main spa room and the sounds of their tranquil music and the lapping of the ocean doubled with the beautiful fragrances of their oils and creams, makes for a special experience and was well worth paying $30 for instead of $6 down the road in the local massage parlour with their comparatively amateur attempts at massage. The cold lemongrass tea before and the ginger tea after were also very nice. It was a beautiful environment in wihch to enjoy some indulgence.
I cannot agree with previous review that have said the breakfast buffet menu was lacking in choice. I found it very plentiful and of excellent quality with enough choice to suit all cultures. Couln't fault it.
The menu in the a-la-carte restaurant was a little lacking - we would have like to have dined there more but didn't as the menu was restricted. Dining there over looking the pool being seranaded by the local 'soulful' group from their island in the middle of the pool made for a memorable night - priced exceptionally well compared to Aussie prices but well above the restaurants in the local town. The quality of the food and the service was fantastic.
I saw many of the other hotels - the Sheraton definately was the best choice for that part of Sengiggi and, I thought, it looked better than the Holiday Resort 15 mins up the road. There was a new hotel complex further north which looked sensational but I heard it was all villa living and exceptionally expensive.
I agree that the menu in the general bar area was very limited and rather boring - nothing to really tempt you.
Overall it was a lovely stay and I would recommend this hotel first to friends and family travelling to Lombok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, an idyllic tropical retreat in Lombok. Enjoy a comfortable getaway amidst plentiful sun, sand and surf. Ideally located on Senggigi Beach, the lush western coast of Lombok, the resort is just a short walking distance of the town’s shops, restaurant, bars and merely 75-minutes drive from Lombok International Airport.Feel the warmth of Sheraton at your perfect tropical escape at the Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Hotel Senggigi
- Sheraton Mataram
- Mataram Sheraton
- Sheraton Lombok
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort Lombok