“decent value stay”
Review of Ressa Homestay

Ressa Homestay
Ranked #9 of 51 Senggigi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I only stayed one night and was out all day so I didn't have an opportunity to experience the outstanding service that the other reviewers have been mentioning. However, the room was clean, the price was low and the shower worked, so that was good.

I wouldn't say I had a good sleep though for a few reasons: first, the blanket sort of seemed like a tablecloth, so when it got cold at night I had to cover myself in sarongs that I had with me. There is also a karaoke bar close enough that you can hear every word. The other people staying there hung out in the yard drinking until pretty late as well, which is right in front of basically all the rooms, so that definitely kept us up as well.

Overall, I got the impression that this would be an awesome place for young backpackers looking to have fun as they pass through Sengiggi (if they are staying for awhile, might want to stay a little closer to town).

Room Tip: Try to get one as far from the front desk as possible, that's where people mostly hang out.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was there for 3 days and it was absolutly great! The family and the stuff are so friendly and great musicians. to stuffmember showed me around lombok for a full day and in the evening we cooked together indonesian local food. it was delicous! the rooms are clean and for this price more than okey. if u have questions u can ask them and u'll get every time a usefull info back! to go there it worth it and after gili island i will go back there.
every evening u can jam with them and have a good time. if u like funny, friendly helpfull people, u will be right.
the room was clened everyday and the breckfast is simple but delicous.
by taksi u can be quiet fast in bangsal (bluebird taksi 112'000.00 Rp ) or in mataran.
i can recommend this homstay.

Room Tip: i had just a standard, but it was big enough for me and the toilet ( with flush ) and shower room wa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank sanine040114
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We've been there only for two nights. But we had n awesome time there. The rooms are simple but who cares. The guys there are über friendly. They invited me joining their guitar jam. I'll never forget the whole scenery, the rain, the music and the awesome talks within the music breaks. Later on that day the girlfriend of some dude cooked and of course I tried the food it was super spicy but probably one of the best i ate in Indonesia. I really want to say thank you I felt like a part of your family. David and Sophie

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David M
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked this place based on its tripadvisor reviews. It met all expectations! Clean room, basic, but all you needed. Breakfast was a bit basic, but soon I would learn it was normal for Indonesian standards. I rented a scooter with them to drive around the island, and it was really great. The foodstalls along the road are also quite interesting!
Great experience! Take the distance from Senggigi into account when booking!
Use earplugs cause there is a Mosk close-by.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SIrLancelotBCN
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This small homestay has something. The room was nice.. The owners are super nice and friendly. The mini garden makes this place more refreshing. There is a hut in front of rooms where the owners and some local people spent their time playing guitars and chit chat.. The owner was so helpful he even drove us go around senggigi for free. They have 2 rabbits play free in the garden. They also have 2 little cute helpful sons. It's located about 1 km from senggigi.. You need to walk about 10 minutes to nearest "warung makan" for eat. The breakfast was ok with bread,jam,fruits and juice..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We want to underline the outstanding service we received from the owner. She went into town looking for a laundry place that could do same day service to no avail, as Lombok is just that sort of place, but we really appreciate her effort. She went out of her way to get my husband a bandaid, when we only asked where is the nearest place to buy it from. She made sure a taxi for the airport was organized early in the morning as we requested. She also did a lightning fast breakfast before we left, way before her normal start of service.
We stayed in room #3 with AC, outdoor shower (cold water, no hot water needed in this humid place), a sink and European toilet. The room was basic, but nice and clean. Every room has a front porch facing a cute little garden. The only improvement that could be done is to provide extra sheet for the AC room, which we needed at night (yeap, the AC works well).
The location as the other reviews said is about 10 minutes taxi ride to Senggigi about Rp. 15.000 - Rp. 20.000 (2 U$) taxi ride, or you can catch a bemo from the main street for Rp. 2000 or Rp. 3000. Senggigi however, is about 1 hour ride to the new airport, about Rp. 150.000 (15 U$) on Bluebird meter taxi (not available at the new airport) or 18 U$ to 20 U$ with unofficial taxi outside the arrival hall or 35U$ with taxi counters inside the arrival hall.
We were very happy staying at Ressa, it is absolutely good value for money, the best place we've stayed in this category.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #3 with nice outdoor shower, sink, European toilet and A/C.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Swagcouple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

we stayed for 3 plus 1 night At the ressa homestay and did the rinjani Tour in between. we had a really great time. in the evening hanging out with the family with them singing and acoustic guitar playing. they were happy To get to know us and shared their local Palm tree wine. when we left for the vulcano Tour we even got take away breakfast at 5am! didnt expected that. even though the location is a little out of senggigi (5km) it was no Problem with the motorbike we rented from them. perfect to explore lombok from there. would always stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple