Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean, but a bit old and tired looking. In our (Superior) room was a king sized bed, flat screen TV (but a cathode ray style, not LCD). No inputs for USB etc. only Video In and red/white sound channels. No DVD player either. No music system in the room. There was a fridge, but it didn't cool things well.
Air conditioner was a god send as it was very hot and humid.
The pool was fantastic with swim up bar and complimentary towels. Pool closed early at 6:30pm tough.
Breakfast (supplied) was OK, with eggs as you like and fresh fruit and Asian dishes to choose from.
Room service was fast and they delivered free ice cubes to our door.
Location was right in the middle of Senggigi, which was handy. I found it hard to judge the location using Google Maps, but it was in the middle of the action.
They advertise 'airport transfers' but on enquiring, they told us that we should get a cab (about $20USD) or get the bus ($3USD each). We chose the bus, which was pretty easy to find outside Praya airport. The bus took over 1.5 hours and was a bit of a drag. I think the taxi would be at least 30 minutes quicker. The bus driver asked us where we were staying and then dropped us right out the front. We even caught the same bus back as it runs ever hour with Senggigi as the starting point.
There are lots of day trips in the area being offered by the tour touts. We went to Gili Trawangan and Gili Air on two different days and we paid $20USD for each person on each trip. There are also one way transfers to either island for RP75,000 (about USD$7).
There are also day trips to Mt Rinjani, which range from1-day to 3-day tours, but we didn't have time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Senggigi, The Santosa Villas & Resort offers a range of accommodation styles from hotel to private pool villas with all amenities. The free form lagoon size pool, right on the beach, is the focal point of the resort to relax and enjoy the sun setting over Bali from the Sunset bar. Other facilities include bars, restaurants, 24 hour room service, tennis, kids club and conference center. Your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Asiatravel.com Holdings, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Santosa Villas & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Santosa Villas Hotel Senggigi
- The Santosa Villas And Resort
- The Santosa Hotel
- Santosa Hotel Mataram
- The Santosa Villas & Resort Senggigi, Lombok