“Beautiful Grounds & Pool”

The Santosa Villas & Resort
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Senggigi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Grounds & Pool”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel in March 2014, for only one night, I was very impressed with the pool and grounds, well maintained gardens and very large pool. I had a lovely meal in the restaurant with the friends I was staying with, probably the best meal I'd had during 3 weeks in Indonesia. The only disappointment was the state of the room I stayed in, very old and run down, stains in bath, shabby doors etc. I believe they are due for renovation and it shows. But again, the grounds and food are excellent. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes, possibly. As others have said, its convenient for the restaurants and bars of Senggigi, you can walk, no need for taxi. The Square restaurant, across street from the hotel, was my favourite place to eat. Excellent food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were booked to stay at the Sentosa for 12 nights, however checked out after one night. The resort itself looks fantastic, the pool area is huge and well maintained. The restaurant was nice as were the communial areas.

The rooms however in the Terrace wing and the cottages are in dire need for a refurb. The rooms are barely appointed with the usual mod-cons you would expect and there are numerous stains, dripping taps etc and non working air-con. In stark contrast the newer villa rooms are gorgeous and if you were to book one of these you would not be disappointed.

The hotel describes itself as beachfront, which is technically correct - upon stepping out of the back gate you are on the beach. However all of the local fishing boats are parked on this beach and you wouldn't swim here as there is much trash floating around in the water.

A walk down the driveway brings you to the main street of Sengiggi with lots of restaurants, supermarkets etc so location couldn't be better from that perspective.

We found the staff to be very helpful and attentive and they did try to help us with alternate rooms to encourage us to stay.

The hotel offers free WIFI, however this is extremely hard to connect to in the rooms and we were told it was best to sit in the lobby.

Room Tip: Only look at the Villa rooms (until they can guarantee an upgrade of the other rooms)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Having never stayed on Lombok Island before, we took the recommendation from our travel agent who had heard good things about this resort.

I was travelling with my best friend and while we have shared beds in the past we had booked this holiday with the view to NOT have to. We were assured that the private pool villa room had two beds and upon arrival we were not only treated to reception staff that spoke little to no English (I'll add that I speak a little Indonesian and tried to converse but failed, I have also been travelling to bali since 1995 and do not expect people to have fluent English skills) but to also be told that we only had a king bed and there was no possibility to have an additional bed made available.

We asked if they had any twin bed rooms available and we were promptly told, no rooms available. We new this was a complete lie as it was low season and had ample availability as we only booked 4 days prior.

Tired from travelling we decided to deal with it in the morning. Now I must say, the room was stunning and nicely appointed but on first impressions we had been left with a bad taste in our mouths and when we arrived in the room there was no mini bar items at all. When we called room service, it rang out 5 times before someone answered and told us that the kitchen was closed and so was the bar. Mind you it was 9pm on a Sunday.

We had originally planned to stay at Santosa for 4 nights but we left after 2 and went and stayed on the Gili islands instead.

I would NEVER recommend this resort. I have since told my travel agent to also stop recommending this place due to the LONG LIST of issues mentioned plus others I have not mentioned here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Senggigi hotels

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is quite a big resort with its own beach front and in the middle of the city centre on Senggig where all your resturants and shops are. Has a nice big pool. 2 storey buildings. The rooms are spacious comes with seperate bath and tub but getting a bit dated in need of renovation. Has a balcony. The hotel grounds is very well maintained gardens. The buffet breakfast is quite good in nice setting lots of varieties to chose from. I used the business centre Computers and free WIFI. Split system a/c in our room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here in March (a couple). The best thing was the surrounds, especially the pool. The room was pretty ordinary, flat screen TV, bar fridge (but it didn't keep thinks cold). We had to run the aircon 24 hours a day as it struggled.

The staff were friendly and delivered ice to our room upon request.

The breakfast was pretty reasonable (not great) with a selection of western options and asian options.

We found the resort eating options expensive, but there are loads of local options a short walk away.

Worst thing: The long hall trip from Praya airport. We caught the bus which wound its was through the local countryside and the whole trip was about 1 hour 20 minutes. I hear the taxi is about 45 minutes. There is a freeway for about the first 10km, then you go through the windy villages and the city of Mattaram.

If we ever go back, we would avoid Senggigi and go straight to the Gilli Islands, which wer great.

Room Tip: We got a room with a rock hard mattress and asked to be moved, which they did.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Drphods
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is the best resort hotel I ever been. I love everything about this hotel. From the friendly staffs and the amazing facilities. Everything is lovely.

This is the hotel that I really recommend in this island but it took under two hours to reached the Gilis. I wish to come to this place again someday!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CliffElvin
Perth
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Other hotels need taxis to the centre except for the Sheraton and Quake. Excellent pool and pool bar. Breakfast above average. Room was huge with good TV selection. Did not eat at hotel other than breakfast. 2 nights only - recommended. At centre of smallish main tourist area.
If going to Gili DO NOT TAKE THE bus/boat advertised everywhere for 75,000 ($7) it is for backpackers only. I did it - was a nightmare.

Room Tip: Large complex. close to pool 1026 was fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo