The Jayakarta Lombok, Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Senggigi
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed 1 night at this hotel before we went to Gili. The hotel doesn't look so fresh, maybe it needs some renovation. The room is clean and spacious, but again it looks old. I like the terrace behind our room, lovely place for having some coffee in the morning.
The breakfast is okay, there are many alternatives you can choose.
The pool and garden area looks lovely and well maintained. The beach is nice and clean, it would be nicer if it was free from t-shirt sellers.
I like the staff. They are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Cherry A, General Manager at The Jayakarta Lombok, Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hi Damzkey,

Thanks for your time to share with us your feedback during stay with The Jayakarta Lombok Beach resort & spa. Your and highlight on over all of our facilities and services which is not bad. We very appreciated it and glad to know that you enjoyed it.
Noted on your concerns regarding to beach sellers, we are trying to communicate with them to keep the pleasure of our customer.

We wish to serve you again in the future

Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went with a party of 10 people. We didn't book any rooms and basically walked in and paid for 4 rooms.

1) Air conditioning is very weak. We were soaking in sweat. We called housekeeping and they sent 'engineers' three times to 'fix' the issue but no difference. Finally at 1 am, they changed our room but the air-conditioner was just as weak.

2) The room is infested with mosquitoes, got bitten many times and itching badly, and there were two jars of flowers that looked like they need a change of water badly. A perfect breeding place for mosquitoes.

3) They fail to mention that there will be a function that night with loud music. It kept us awake until 12 midnight. They also fail to mention that the pool cannot be used because of this function. If they had mentioned this, we would have gone to another hotel.

4) When we check out the next day, we lodged a complain but the receptionist seems to not care at all. We asked for a discount or at least to have our dinner reimbursed due to the terrible experience we had. The manager refused to even come out of his office and sent the receptionist back out to 'deal' with us. In the end, the issue was not resolved and 10 people left quite upset with very little sleep and an early boat ride back to Bali. Basically, they were implying to us too bad we had a horrible night. Our Indonesian friend who has been taking us around was so embarrassed with the service or lack of.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay in the pool or sea view rooms! If you must stay in this resort, opt for the deluxe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Benirah
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was good surprise in Lombok. Located right on the beach with nice swimming pool, this for sure is very value for money. The breakfast spread is nice and you will love it. The room was nice, big with nice balcony and view of ocean from balcony. Enjoy the sunset from restaurant on the beach. Service is ok and staff friendly. My wife tried spa also, which has just awesome location right on beach, but serice was very disappointing, and not recommended. Hotel should try to improve Spa. Also scooter rental was not reliable,we kept waiting and the person never turned up, just walk to main market and find one yourself. Otherwise a very nice value for money resort.

Room Tip: villas on first floor facing sea
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cherry A, General Manager at The Jayakarta Lombok, Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your choose The Jayakarta Lombok as your accommodation during your holiday to Lombok island recently.

Your comments and suggestion is useful for our improvement to keep the satisfaction of our valuable customer.

We wish to serve you again either your family our your colleagues in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I enjoyed this resort when I was came on my summer 2013 holiday with my cousins. Love the decor, and love the breakfast so much foods. The room hotel so comfy, the view to the sea, relaxed. But my only problem, when I go to Dinner and back, the garden foyer to my room very lack of lightning it makes lil' bit spooky. Everything is great, but put some garden lamps. Thanks.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr/Mrs. Tedz Lee,

It's a great pleasure to have you as our customer during your holiday to Lombok island recently.

We also really appreciated your improving suggestion which is useful for enhancing our services and facilities.

Hopefully you will recommend us to your friend as accommodation on their vacation to Lombok island, either for yourself.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arrived at a nearby homestay and realized we had to get out of that dump immediately. Thankfully, right across the street we spotted this gem. We walked into the lobby and immediately began negotiating for a pair of sea-view rooms. Please note, the posted price of $135 a night is VERY negotiable. I'm not going to brag, but we were VERY happy with the price, especially including the buffet breakfast.

The resort is old, but has, like a fine wine, aged very well. The grounds are lush, with mature palms and beautiful garden and pond features. The pool is lovely, the staff are professional and friendly, and it's only $2 from downtown via the numerous metered taxis waiting around the rank.

I should note that the section of beach at the resort is not very child friendly. It's firm sand with no rocks, but the steep incline at the shore leads to a strong wave break and current pullback. We had a blast goofing around with the big waves, and after you cross the few meters of "danger zone" it's some nice swimming in deep water - just be careful at the shoreline, we watched a lot of folks posing in the surf getting pummelled (cameras, clothes & all) by the big wave that suddenly appears every few minutes.

The rooms are admittedly dated, with a 1970's era "power control panel" beside the bed that is worthy of a few nostalgic giggles. The mini fridges was installed well before I was born, but ran cold and silent so no complaints there. There are a few water spots on the ceiling, and our bathroom door had some water damage at the bottom. Air conditioner was modern and effective.

Winner was the bed. Not often do you score such a nice bed in Asia at these prices. Mattress has an epic pillowtop, sheets are high thread-count and the pillows are luxurious. A VERY comfy bed indeed - especially after roughing it for 2 weeks!

Room Tip: 2nd floor seaview!
Reviewed 5 January 2014

A) The view
What I liked - Spacious balcony in the duplex cottage style room facing the lawns and then the ocean. Sound of waves throughout the day. Nice ambiance in the evening

What I didn't like - Overgrown bushes at the edge of the garden meant that there was hardly any ocean view that actually remained. Greenery was great but cottage with ocean-view is booked with a purpose. The beach could be little cleaner.

B) The Room
What I liked - Clean, airy, big balcony - that's it
What I didn't like - this hotel probably has seen better days before. Rooms in particular look run-down. Floor tile in our balcony actually broke when I shifted my chair, the bathtub had rusted on the side, AC - probably was atleast 10-15 years old and hadn;t been serviced since ages., there would be mosquitoes in your room if you forgot to close the balcony door in the evening. Water - the 'hot' water would be barely warm.

c)Food
What I liked - Well, I am a vegetarian and I had standard options such as salad, bread-butter, fruit juices etc to select from
What I didn't like - I cannot say I liked the coffee. Anyhow I haven't tried much of their food though as a vegetarian it is always a joy to come across at least something that I can eat.

D) Service
Excellent. I would say, this is one reason why I felt this hotel was not exactly an average hotel. Staff is very helpful, when we sought help in renting motor bikes, they referred us to a person who rented out a good quality bike at a rate cheaper than what we found in Senggigi market place. The staff helpfully gave us tips from time to time as well.

E) Value for Money - I would still say this property is value for money for the kind of rent we paid (post the agoda discount) during peak season. It is big enough, clean with private beach. While most of our time in Lombok was spent out of the hotel, site seeing rather than within the hotel. All said and done, I think it offers clean accommodation, reasonable food options and friendly staff. There's also private pools which are clean - though we didn't really spend much time there. Overall, the property itself is amidst greenery and has peaceful ambiance.

I plan to return to Lombok for sure and Jayakarta is an option that I may consider my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing ocean offer much less as compared to what we expect from an 'ocean view' room...
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We got this hotel after being overbooked at the Sentosa Villas. This hotel is about a 2 dollar taxi ride from the main tourist area Senggigi. There is not much outside the hotel. I stayed at the hotel for five nights. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to my needs.
When I arrived the first meal I had at the bar was extremely over priced and tasted terrible. I then complained to management and it took me 5 days to get any progress with my complaint.
The pool area was quite nice. The spa/massage services were over priced, and the gym area is outdated. The beach is very dirty with many hawkers.
After check out, I waited around for my transfer which was late. The number I had was for a balinese company that had an office in Bali. I was going to be extremely late for my flight and the people at reception refused to call the number and said that I would be charged for the call- which I found extremely rude after I had spent so much money on a top villa for 5 nights, they could not spare a phone call.
Overall, this is a good hotel to sleep and thats about it. The bar, food, and activities are all quite terrible. The whole hotel was dead and not much was happening. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the beach- and also on the bottom floor as there are no lifts.

Dear Mr/Mrs Marshman,

Thank you for choosen The Jayakarta Lombok as your accommodation during your festive season's holiday recently.

We really appreciated your comments which is useful to improve our services and facilities.

We wish to have a chance to serve you again at The Jayakarta Lombok for your next holiday to our beautiful Lombok island.

Sincerely yours,