“Colourful Day Out.”

US$82.43*
and up
Kent Garden Route Electric Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and maintained by the National Trust, this famous 20th-century garden is actually a series of ten smaller "garden rooms," each uniquely different from the others.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Please put Sissinghurst Castle Garden on your list of places to visit in Kent. You will not be disappointed at the display of colour and form laid out, it is a feast for the eyes and the soul every season. It gave me confidence to try a more bold approach to mix plants together and appreciate that a clash of colour can be uplifting and fun!
The history of the castle, stories of the legendary past owners and the MUCH more improved restaurant fare on offer, will make it a day to remember. To complete my visit I can usually find a tempting treat (for me) in the shop, be it a book or something more trivial to remind me of a lovely visit again to my favourite garden in England.

1  Thank Maria925
There are newer reviews for Sissinghurst Castle Garden

Reviewed 17 October 2013

By far this was the best attraction in Kent for our recent travels. Everything was well presented and the staff was so enthused about their love for Sissinghurst . The views from the tower on a clear day were amazing. Even with my very bad knees I was delighted that I made the effort to go up! The gift shop was well stocked and the staff was very helpful. The Cafe was good value and the cream tea was just right for an outdoor treat!

1  Thank rfahey
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Not being an enthusiastic gardener but, nevertheless, loving a beautiful garden, I found this garden to be a little disappointing initially. I soon realised that I had visited at the wrong time of year as the colour of most of the flowers had faded and autumn was not far away. I suspect that the garden is spectacular in the summer. It is large and well laid out and has obviously matured over many years, The views from the tower are wonderful and worth climbing the winding steps to see. A true gardener will enjoy this!

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Not really a castle but the view from the twin tower is worth the climb. The gardens are well tended and stocked - we struggled a little with the width of some paths and wheelchair access is consequently somewhat constrained in some areas. Glad we were members of the National Trust as, with our visit on an overcast October day and with the gardens past their best, we might have begrudged the entry fee - especially when compared with other attractions in the area - Scotney and Bodiam castles spring to mind.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was late september, when we visited the castle and the garden. We knew, what to expect, since we read "Gardening at Sissinghurst" by Tony Lord beforehand. My wife, a qualified gardener had certain expectations for the trip to Sissinghurst. Fortunately there was still in early autumn surprisingly much to see in the garden (every season is different and autumn is not the worst, if I am concerned).

We love roses, but this wasn´t the optimal time for them. On the other hand there were a lot of other plants to take a look at and enormous amount of different colours in the nature. We did appreciate the idea of dividing flowers to easily recognized separated sections or theme gardens (cottage garden etc.).

The park outside the actual garden is quite large and this makes it a nice place for the whole family, if the weather is fine. We´ll be back, when the roses are blooming. The menu of the main restaurant could have been a bit more ambitious. Restaurant itself was quite nice.