“Top 5 in Parguera”

Rest. El Turrumote
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Lajas
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: View, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top 5 in Parguera”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Daily fresh seafood and variety for anyone that doesn't eat fish. One of the best restaurants in the area. A lot of boats to see to.

Dunedin, Florida
“Delicious Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent place for fresh seafood. The waiter brought a selection of whole fresh fish to our table. I selected a grouper that was grilled to perfection. My husband had the camerones (shrimp) guisado. They were plump and delicious. Fish soup, house salad, mofongo, tostones and rice and beans rounded out our meal. The staff were all friendly and attentive. We are real foodies and very particular, and give this please 5 Stars.

• Visited July 2014
“Saturday dinner with the family”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent place anytime of the year to enjoy the Best service and an excellent menú.

The Turrumote staff is the Best in the business and seafood selection is the best in the west area

Mayaguez
“Chapin Even Better This Time”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

SUMMATION: Excellent Chapin, but skimpy Churrasco; excellent service; excellent views; with the amenities of a rustic cafe.

GENERAL: I reviewed this place in detail 16 March 2014, more briefly on 11 May 2014, and nothing much has changed. I will just consider new things or ones I did not address before.

NAME: Restaurante El Turrumote

TITLE: “Chapin Even Better This Time” [Tripadvisor, review #72, 16 June 2014]

LOCALITY: PR-304, km 2.7, Club Nautico, La Parguera, Lajas, Puerto Rico 00667

BREAD: Mashed this time and even better.

SALAD: The same nice salad, but with Basalmic Vinegrette [as I suggested]. The “raisins” I noted last time were really Craisins, and the salad had more this time [as I had suggested].

ENTRÉE: I had chapin, again. It was Buffalo Trunkfish, Lactophyrus trigonus, last time. I thought it was wonderful. This time I had Honeycomb Cowfish, Acanthostracion polygonius, and it was even better. My First Mate had their churrasco. It was tender and delicious, but it was too thin and too small.

SIDES: Our friend ordered yucca (casaba). It was in small pieces and all the strings had been cleaned out. He said it was excellent [1], but I sampled a piece and it was just yucca.

CONDIMENTS: The waiter remembered and I did not have to ask for dip for my tostones.

SALT AND PEPPER: Still none

PROBLEMS: Last time they would not let us in before noon, but this time they were kind enough to do so.

TRIPADVISOR: rated Very, Very Good, 4.5 out of 5, 46 reviews. Rated the best restaurant in Lajas, which is, sadly, not saying much.

FOOTNOTES:
[1] This Pirate has become addicted to yuca. He found a source near home in the continental USA.

• Visited May 2014
Lajas, Puerto Rico
“Excellent food and nice atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The seafood is the best option of the Parguera area. The atmosphere and the service are nice too. Quality Service!!!!

• Visited January 2014