“Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Armoy
Limepark Arts Center & Cottages
“Wedding”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My sister had her wedding here in May 2008. It was beautiful. The cottages were gorgeous very high standard, I stayed the night before the wedding with her in one of them and then the wedding night we booked a different cottage. It was the most beautiful wedding. We will return to stay in the cottages again. All the cottages are equally beautiful and immaculate. All suited to different tastes.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gem M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Celebrated my birthday with family in the long barn and had a wonderful experience. First class accommodation and will definitely be back. Looking forward to bringing my granddaughter to the little pigs house,
Margaret

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margaret p
N.Ireland
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Having enjoyed a stay in the Long Barn last year, my hubby booked a surprise break for my birthday ats Poets Corner. We loved it! Spacious yet cosy, even the dog chilled out! Thanks to Melanie for a warm welcome, we will definitely return and maybe try a different house next time. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank dottymum
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Thank you for helping to make our very first trip to Northern Ireland a very memorable one. Limepark is charming and beautiful. There are several accurate reviews that document the aesthetics, I'll focus on accessibility. The accommodation you provide at Limepark suited our special needs very well. It is obvious you took considerable effort to make people with disabilities feel more than welcome. You made us feel loved in the small details.

My husband and I both use wheelchairs full time and were able to manage well in the Poets Corner. The parking space just outside the cottage was very convenient, especially for wheelchair users. The kitchen equipped with the height adjustable counter and cooktop (similar to the cooktop I have at home) was key to making me feel comfortable preparing meals for my family. I found the wall oven with the side door opening at waist height ideal and the washer/dryer component proved useful during our week long stay. The wheelchair clearance under the sink, the automatic dishwasher, and undercounter cupboards with pull out shelves allowed me to operate well; and clean-up after meals was easy.

The toilet and sink in the bathroom were at the correct height and the space afforded in the bedroom and connecting bath provided two wheelchairs ample room to move about. The addition of a stationary shower chair with an adjustable arm was also an invaluable resource for my husband.

Suggestions:
I found myself having to chop ingredients using the cutting board on the dining room table. Perhaps, a pull out cutting board might be helpful in the kitchen eliminating the need to move back and forth between the kitchen and dining rooms.

The hanging rods in the wardrobe closet were difficult to reach from a seated position. The option of lowered rods may be helpful.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ria M
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed for two nights in the Dark Horse recently to celebrate my sixtieth birthday with my nearest and dearest. We chose this place deliberately as it is our favourite self catering accommodation in Northern Ireland.We cooked in for the first night, set up our own bar and danced the night away. We walked the beautiful beach the next day and toured the lovely coast line. The accommodation is really first class and yet very comfortable.A superb place to stay and would highly recommend for families ,friends and just as a treat.

Room Tip: We love The Little Pigs Cottage which has its own little courtyard and if you have a dog very useful...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lokikydd
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

If you're deliberating about where to stay in the area and this place is within your budget then stay here. Unfortunately we were in the area to work but fortunately we were able to stay in Dark Horse House for 2 weeks.
The place is truly lovely, the cottage was really homely, the underfloor heating is to die for and the beds were super comfy.
It is only a little bit in the middle of nowhere but Armoy is close by (3 miles) and has a decent shop with a post office where you can take money out. It doesn't sell booze though, the closest we found was Tescos in Ballymoney. The Scenic Inn pub down the road is cosy and very friendly with a lovely pint of Guinness. You're closer than you think to the coast, and what a coast!
If you're an internet addict then bring an ethernet cable, the WiFi is apparently a work in progress but you can plug in, 3G is patchy as is phone signal but you're on holiday right? You don't really need all that technology!
I hope to be able to come back and stay here, preferably in the spring/summer (the winter weather has been a bit wild!) and preferably not on a work trip!
Thanks to Melanie for doing a great job!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicki M
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Amazing time yet again, third time the charm! Stunning cottage{Blacksmith}, great view, doggy heaven!
Can't wait to return for a fourth time! Limepark is such a wee gem of a place, I've sent all my friends and everyone loves it!
The cottages are fab, and it's a really relaxing break for all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carmel S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armoy
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#3 of 16 in Ballymoney
Gardenvale Bed & Breakfast
Gardenvale Bed & Breakfast
#13 of 16 in Ballymoney

Been to Limepark Arts Center & Cottages? Share your experiences!