All reviews my daughter national park yoga teacher at home nice trips daily yoga few hours a great week food was great special holiday other guests every morning spent a week second visit the river olive trees children
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My daughter and I spent a week at El Convento in July/August 2014. At the time she was five years old, and she loved and embraced the place from the very first moment. As we are Norwegians, the language could have posed a small problem for her, but it didn't, partly also thanks to Henriette who speaks Norwegian. She felt at home right away and enjoyed the mornings with the other children and the babysitters. As for me, doing yoga three hours a day did wonders to mind and body. Nic is a great asthtanga-yoga teacher. The place is truly beautiful, and green, and as we like hiking a lot, there were plenty of possibilities to excplore the National Park.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to combine and evolve their own yoga practice while at the same time having plenty of time to be with your family and kid(s).

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed 6 September 2015

This was our second visit to El Convento and we loved it just as much this time as we did last time - as did our two children (8 and 5.5 years old). This is what they said about it: 'We loved playing in the teepee and having our special time in the mornings without parents! We went to the 'bolsa' to swim every day and it was awesome!'
We loved our daily yoga session with the sun coming up over the mountains, the gentle pace of each day, and the incredible food. We enjoyed the wonderful company of Nic and his family and team, and of the other families on the retreat. We felt thoroughly refreshed, physically and mentally, after our week there. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Travelled with my eight year old daughter and we both agree it was our favourite holiday of all time! The setting is amazing, fabulous mountain and forest views and beautiful blue skies, very relaxing, simply stunning. The yoga teaching was very professional and inspiring and perfectly balanced with other activities. A morning yoga session of around 2 1/2 hours on the roof top terrace (imagine the tranquility of the setting - sun rising, forest sounds, time and space and no demands - bliss!) As you practice you can hear the kids having fun nearby and know they're in safe hands, getting to be in nature, making friends and having a great time. My daughter grew lots during the trip and I had guilt free time to myself. We stayed in the adobe hut which was just perfect for us, kept nice and cool for sleeping. The outdoor showers were wonderful during the hot sunny days and there is an indoor one we used in the evenings. The vegetarian food was absolutely amazing with lots to choose from - it was great for my daughter to try new things - being slightly 'fussy' some of the dishes were a challenge for her but she gave quite a few a try which I loved and could always find something that she liked. The food was very plentiful -iIt always seemed to be one mealtime or anothe. Swimming in the old monastery 'bolsa' after yoga and 'late breakfast' was a highlight for us, as was relaxing on the sun terraces and lounging on the day beds. The family and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming which added to the harmony and ease of the trip. I think you would find it hard to find a better overall authentic experience and this was excellent value for money. We would most definitely recommend and will return if the opportunity arises!

1  Thank FamilyMcPhee
Reviewed 14 August 2015

I have visited a few times and fell in love with the place. It is tranquil and you feel you have left everything else behind and are present in the beautiful mountains of Andalusia. Food is great and staff very supportive and lovely. Rooms are tastefully decorated, and you feel one with nature around. Lovely walks, views and great for people like me that loves being in the open wilderness surrounded by plants and herbs that gives a lovely fragrance to the place. You can feel the spirit of the old monastery, and understand why it was built at this location. A healthy place that I will highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2015

To spend a Week in the middle of a national Park is awesome. The food was excellent, the rooms were basic but beautiful. The Yoga classes in the morning were suitable for beginnes but also for advanced Yoga practioners. The kids had a great time meanwhile the parents focus on their yoga. It was a special Holiday. We will come back!