Bastide Avellanne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Domaine du Lac(Flassans-sur-Issole)
View Hotel
Le Mas des Portes de Provence(Le Cannet-des-Maures)
View Hotel
Hotel Le Mas De Causserene(Le Cannet-des-Maures)
View Hotel
La Cle des Songes(Pierrefeu-du-Var)
Hotel Notre Dame(Collobrieres)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewstennis courtsb bfood and winefollow the signsperfect place to relax and enjoythe main housevan goghtop classnice airportprovenceterracevillagesurroundingstownstreeslandscapeyoga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Bastide Avellanne exceeded my expectations! The property was much larger than I had imagined. I stayed in a ground-floor room in the main house. The room was large, cool, and had a private bathroom. Very comfortable. I spent most of my time here touring the region, and almost wish I had been able to spend more time lounging at the villa, as it's a fabulous place to relax. I did use a bicycle for a ride through the vineyards and the small village nearby. This was a highlight for me, and I highly recommend doing the same. The owners of the property, Steve and Valentina, are two very special people. They are kind and hospitable, and both of them even made me laugh a few times. Valentina's cooking is phenomenal !! Every meal I had was delicious. I highly reccomend Bastide Avellanne - I hope to go back one day myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I spent 6 days in this lovely B and B. We cannot say enough about the wonderful hospitality we received from Valentina and Steve! The room we stayed in, the Van Gogh room, was charming, beautifully decorated, and peaceful. All of the rooms are decorated perfectly, each having it's own special allure. Our hosts were just wonderful, extremely accommodating and cheerful, with funny stories to tell and informative instructions on how to get around Provence, which attractions were best to see, etc. Steve mapped out our routes for us each day, and they were always there to greet us when we returned to hear about our day.

The common rooms where we ate and lounged (where the wifi works best also), are simply beautiful, warm, cozy, and relaxing. The breakfasts Valentina prepared were so good that I believe I gained 5 lbs!! But when on vacation, one must eat croissants!!! I would seriously advise having dinner at the Bastide at least one night, you will feel like you are having a fun family get together. Food was delicious, wine was excellent. They have a wonderful selection of wines and beers in the refrigerator in the common room, and leave it to you to write down what you had.

There is a large swimming pool, which due to the time of year, we did not use, and there are tennis courts and a large outdoor chess board. Great for families or couples!

The location is remote, making it very private and peaceful, albeit a winding drive, which is typical for Provence. You can't really get anywhere without going through mountains or around curves, which adds to the allure of the territory. We rented a car, which I would recommend, as it makes it much easier to get around and sight see. We will stay here if we return to Provence...it is located near many attractions, Aix en Provence, St. Tropez, Moustier Ste. Marie, and St. Paul de Vence, which we stopped at on our way to the airport in Nice. I would recommend going there for a half day, it is absolutely fabulous, very artsy, charming town. We also loved Cotignac, but make sure to go there on market day. The Gorge du Verdon is a must see, though we did not go all the way to the top. Still, the views are breathtaking! All in all, we highly recommend that you stay at this lovely place with such charming and friendly hosts- by the way, Steve is British and Valentina Italian, and between the two of them they speak several languages, so translation should not be a problem. Great vacation!!

Room Tip: There is not actually a fitness center at the Bastide...there is a pool and there are tennis courts. You can also rent bicycles, so staying fit is not a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Lovely hosts Valentina & Steve, amazing food, tastefully decorated rooms, peaceful property and a very convenient location to enjoy the Var region at its most. We felt ourselves at home at Bastide and would love to get back in the near future.

Room Tip: We occupied 3 rooms during our family stay and they were all top-end.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

It is honestly easy to get lyrical about the beautiful and romantic setting of Bastide Avellanne and its wonderful hosts, Valentina and Steve. Amazing accommodation, food and wine. Steve's knowledge and helpfull suggestions of the area added great value to our experience and Valentina's care gave us all the homely comforts we could wish for. Unforgettable!

Room Tip: Try and book the Van Gogh Room with its access to a peaceful patio overlooking old oak trees and green fields.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Geat Christmas here with my family! We were nine persons of any ages. I think that the Provence is so agreable in this season. I enjoyed especially the food in Bastide Avellane and walking in the country around the bastide. And we were very close to the sea so it was fast to reach Toulon and Cassis!!
Thanks to Valentina and Steve for the beautiful days and for their skills to meke us confortable in any time. This B&B is so special and precious.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family