Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews long tail specific times minute walk steep walk sea view the cottages private beach ao nam mao pier nice pool restaurants and bars krabi airport path noise balcony jungle trees boats
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

It is a very beautiful place , bungalows in the middle of the forest with monkeys at your door sometimes.
The pool is big and the staff very nice ( the only people who don't really smile are at the reception)
You have to be a little sportive if you want to go out, for us it was not a problem to walk 10-15min to Railey West

I highly recommande this place

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PenchanSuksawat, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at Railay Great View Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your kind review. We were so pleased to know that you had a very fine and relaxing stay at Railay Great View Resort.

With regard to our staff service we will definitely bring it up to our meeting and discuss it in team to come up with continually improvement and services guaranteed for our beloved guests.

We appreciated your patronage and we hope for a chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2019

The hotel is located about 15 minute walk from Railay east pier in beutiful forested hill above the sea. The the road is illuminated all the way and there are few restaurants and bars along it. Due to location, the hotel is not suitable for people with disabilities, while others should not have any problems with it. The rooms looks great, but they are a bit out-dated. Anyway, the room wiew are fantastic and you can even se monkeys jumping over the trees. There are mini bar and sef deopist box in rooms and the rooms are clean generally. Beach towels are provided. Restaurant is located above the beach and wiew are amazing. Breakfast is decent and there are many choices available. The hotel beach looks great at high tide, but at low tide it is unsuitable for swimming, so you have to walk to Railay weast beach or Ao Phra nang Beach (abour 20 minutes walk each). Longtail boats driving along the coast are loud, but they did not really disturb us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ninoga91

Dear Valued Guests,

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

All in all amazing place to stay. I would strongly recommend it for people who wants piece and quiet. The hotel has great view, good restaurant and amazing pool.
I have spotted just two drawbacks - distance from the town (it is ~10 min. Walk but it is a bit far if you are traveling with luggage) and private beach which is not a place you would like to spend your days at.
However, if you do not mind to walk this is the best place at Railay beach.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PenchanSuksawat, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at Railay Great View Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your kind review. Thank you for loving us . We were so happy to read your all positive feedback about us. We promise to continue deliver the very best services to our beloved guests as we always realize that only the very best they deserve. Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Reviewed 11 April 2019 via mobile

Regarding other reviews, I think it's often exaggerated or not very complete so I'm gonna try giving you quite a clear preview with the real pros and conns.

First, yes, this resort is further away than the others in this area and to reach the most beautiful beaches you're gonna walk a little...BUT
The resort looks great, it's not crowded and it's located away from places with bad low tide smells and garbage you may find in Railay east.
The fact that it is more remote and in the middle of the trees give it so much interest... Plus the walk from the hotel to railay beaches is nice! Unless you're very lazy and want the best beaches right in front of you, this is fine for you.

Regarding the bungalows, yes it's quite a hike to reach the higher ones. I was in one of those, yes after a big day and hikes it was hard... But come on, unless you've got some real problem with walking, let's just enjoy some more exercice and the place is so nice!
The bungalow was simple but pretty, clean, well equipped, nice balcony, we could watch the sea through the trees and sometimes observe monkeys jumping from a tree to another...
There only problem would be phonic isolation. From the bungalow, you hear what's happening outside including long tail boats (I'm gonna talk about these later in a specific paragraph).

Staff: some people say they were extremely not welcoming...
I think it's mostly because, as many staff people in Thailand (I was surprised in such a touristic region), people do not speak English well. Communication gets more complicated through that but they were respectful and tried to help as they could. I do think fluent English is clearly missing and service could be pushed further with more questions and anticipating but this is not a 5 star resort, let's remember that.
Breakfast / restaurant staff is particularly great, extremely welcoming and they do try to chit chat a little. They'd be glad if you did so.

Breakfast / restaurant:

Breakfast could be better, products are not the best... But it remains ok.
Restaurant food and juices seemed very good to me.

The infinity pool is pretty nice, before or after a big day this is such a great way to relax.

Now I'm gonna mention what made me rate this hotel with only 3 stars: the lkng tail boats.
Yes, the hotel is located right in front of a '' boats corridor '' as its located between Ao nao namao port and railay. Most of daily and night you'll hear them and you'll also hear them in beautiful beaches.
I wish they could set some official rules regarding noise and pollution of their engines. It's as if people were cutting the grass continuously.
It did not prevent us from having an amazing time and enjoying our stay, we could sleep well (I don't put anything in my ears to sleep) but you do hear them, a lot.
Now it's very personal, some people will never adapt, some will kinda get used to it and even though it's not nice...
They'll still enjoy.
Thanks god, sometimes you don't hear them but don't expect a perfectly quiet environment.
When you're too fed up with those, you should go hiking in one of the magnificent rainforest that can be found in the region, you'll hear the sounds of the jungle and it's absolutely amazing.

Oh and for your arrival and departure, see with the front desk staff to set your transfer and there will be nothing complicated as some comments mention. You'll arrive at the hotel pier, someone will help with your luggage and you won't have to go back to railay east with all your stuff at the end of your stay.

Overall: some improvements could be made and the boats will be disturbing (more or less according to you) but this is such a nice resort with great assets and Krabi province is absolutely beautiful and full of stunning places to discover.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Lucascch

Dear Valued Guests,

With regard to our service we will definitely bring it up to our meeting and discuss it in team to come up with continually improvement and services guaranteed for our beloved guests.

Reviewed 12 March 2019

It is not easy to write a review about this place. There is so much good and bad that they kind of counteract each others!

Positives: The staff was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was very nice. The views are stunning. The pool is delightful.

Negatives: It is a trek from the main peer and once you are at the hotel grounds, it is incredibly steep. If you have any mobility issues or young children it is not an option!
The noise, I mean, at peak season is unbearable. I am absolutely puzzled why this is not picked up by other reviewers. I am quite resilient to noise. I tend to sleep with my window open even in big noisy cities as I do not like aircon (New York, Athens, Madrid, Bangkok, etc... to mention few) but at Great Views I could not sleep. The noise from the boats is terrible and the room has no sound insulation. The only thing I can think of is that not all rooms get both sides of the bays noise, hence why some people did not mind it. We spoke to two groups at breakfast and they were both really annoyed, like they decided to leave earlier as they could not cope, it was that bad! Anyhow, if you do not like noise, this is not for you either.
The two beaches directly by the hotel you cannot use for swimming as they are mangroves and the water is murky. It was not a big deal for us as nice beaches are within walking distance (20 mins).
Finally, the manager at the hotel was a very rude Thai lady that has absolutely no idea how to speak to customers. I was very upset and it spoil it even further for me. The reception staff by contrast was so nice so clearly there is an issue there!

Things that they could do better: The price was more than we paid in most places in Thailand and it was not reflected by the services provided. It is not luxury. We had one dinner there and the food was not to the usual thai standards that we enjoyed in many places. The room had electrical faults by the wardrobe doors, with lots of sparks coming out. H&S not the best! Prepare for cockroaches as they find their way in. Nothing that the Hotel can do though, however make sure you do not leave food around! These are small things that can address easily.

Would I recommend it? Definitely not and it is a shame as the views are great, but you cannot enjoy it with a constant noise of an helicopter landing!

Room tip: Check noise level before committing to a room!
Date of stay: January 2019