Before I booked the hotel, my local Thai friend told me it was a really nice hotel, but it's showing its age a bit. For someone who likes things on the newer side, I was a little hesitant given the price. Needless to say, our stay turned out to be exceptional!
Rooms are bungalow style and are dual floors; the bedroom on the top and the living area on the bottom. The decor was resort chic, comfortable and very tastefully done. Maybe we were in a newly remodeled room, but I did not notice the aging my friend talked about. The bathrooms are packed with thoughtful toiletries like after sun lotion and natural mosquito repellents.
They have welcome cocktail drinks with complimentary wine and hor d'oeuvres every week (maybe twice a week) so that all the guests can meet other guests and talk to management. On top of that, they have complimentary afternoon tea and snacks every other day (if my memory serves me correctly).
Location-wise, the hotel is located at the tip of the mainland, but is only accessible by boat. They touch all three beaches: Phranang Beach, Railey Beach and the docking Nam Mao Beach. Since beaches in Thailand are public, Railey and Phranang gets really crowded during the day as many day tours stop there. However, after all the boat leaves at around 5pm, the beach is quiet and the sunset magnificent!
If you like rock-climbing, which Krabi is known for, then this location is ideal as the best rock-climbing is on Phranang Beach, a stone throw away.
Behind the hotel is also a trail that leads to a semi-secluded waterfall and cove.
There are also many dining options and for better or worse, their restaurants and bars are not open to non-hotel guests. This is good because it is never crowded so you can always relax and always have a place to eat since options are limited in the area. It's also bad because it does seem a little pretentious.
This hotel also boasts the infamous Grotto restaurant and bar that you see in a lot of amazing pictures online. The caveat is that it is only open until 7pm-ish so you can't have dinner here, which is a good thing because the mosquitos will eat you alive!
We truly loved our stay here and people are so friendly. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi