After the dilemas of picking accom in railay and reading all the reviews for the hotels we were very surprised that the hotel was average at best and not what we expected.
Before saying anything to bad I would like to say a few positives about it.
The hotel is on the east some de of the island which really isnt a problem as it is close to the restaurants of east railay and is only a five minute stroll to the west beach.
The hotel gardens are nice and kept in good condition.
Thats is about it really. As for the negatives.
We had booked to stay in one of the recently renervaed rooms and upon arrival initialy looked pritty nice but then soon seen had bad of a job had been done. The tile grout hadn't been cleaned off the new tiles so it looked like there was a layer of cement brushed over all of the tiles, the air conditioning unit was hanging off the wall (literally). The glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom was smashed, there was no hot water so we called for a maintance man to check it out so firstly he started playing with the exposed electrical wires underneath the bathroom sink then he held his hand under the shower for about 10 minutes untill the water was hot. The water was now hot but the pressure was so bad you would struglle to fill a bucket with it never mind have a shower. Then I jumped on the bed and could of broke a bone as it was like jumping on a conrete block.
The restaurant and reception area had a real proplem with fly's and I wouldn't say it is just because of the area as we didnt have this problem with any other restaurants we visited.
We went for a swim and we were not impressed by the pool. Didnt bother us too much as we were not in railay to spend time by the pool but it was a pool made with lino instead of tiles (plastic sheeting). The seal had failed so the water was underneath the plastic therefore the floor of the pool was more like walking on a bouncy castle.
Anyway rant over I just wouldn't stay here again and found many other resorts looked a lot nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Tropical Resort, an exclusive resort on Railay East Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sunrise Tropical Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Tropical Hotel Railay Beach
- Sunrise Tropical Krabi
- Sunrise Tropical Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand