“Strange”
Review of Sand Sea Resort Restaurant - CLOSED

Sand Sea Resort Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Beach side restaurant in front of the Sand Sea Restort in Railay Beach, Thailand
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Sometimes reviews on Trip Advisor seem a little harsh but this time most people seem to have it right.
We had eaten at Mangrove a couple of times and thought we'd try a beach front restaurant instead - bad move! The staff are disinterested and rude. The food was actually fine but pricey compared to other restaurants. My husband ordered our dessert when he ordered the main meal as he doesn't like to wait too long . My dessert of banana split came before my curry dish! When I asked them to take it back the guy just stared at me and walked away. So strange! I think their English is not so good - which is fine - but we've never had a problem communicating elsewhere.
We won't be back - which is a shame as it has a great location.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Really bad service in every way, average cooking and really expensive for what you get. A bad experience in paradise Railey...

1  Thank AFONSINHO
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had to wait almost 25 minutes for our salad to arrive. We tried the orange duck salad which was yummy and we sort of forgave the delay...but when our main course took a similar while i think we're right in feeling a little annoyed. I ordered pad thai which normally doesnt take a long time to serve. Waiters are sparce to see and appear lost in thought....maybe its the gorgeous beach setting ;)

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Terrible service, the slow disinterested staff eventually delivered our food, which was more expensive than other places on the same strip. The order when it eventually arrived was cold, tasted bland and in some cases were completely incorrect. Avoid this place and take your money elsewhere.
Haven't had such an unpleasant experience anywhere on our trip so far.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay here but visited the restaurant while on a day trip to Railey beach. It was awful. No spice and I am sure the basil in my shrimp with chillies and basil was really wilted spinach leaves. The chilies were just red peppers...not chilies at all.The spicy papaya salad was hardly worth anything let alone the double pricing of much better places. The service was inattentive and uncaring. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE.

1  Thank Michelle M