We stayed at the Sand Sea in July of 2007 and came away with a mixed review of Railay beach. The good part was the location which is amazing and one of our favorite places on our month long trip.
The only bad part was the hotel which had bugs in the bed and all over the bathroom (we are not overly fussy travellers but having dozens of ants in your shower was not what we were expecting for 2100baht per night). We had light bulbs burnt out in our room so it was dark and smelled musty.
After changing rooms we realized the door on our new bungalow was warped enough from the frame that someone could reach in and unlock the door if they were ambitious enough.
One thing we noticed is that the more expensive rooms (we were into one of them) appeared to be in much better shape. If we had stayed in one of those our experience might have been better -- but probably not by much since the service and attitude of the staff is awful. If someone was planning on booking a regular room from this hotel I would strongly discourage them from doing so.
From our experience the service, food and rooms at the Railay Bay resort next door was far superior and we would not hesitate to book here if we come back.
Railay is great... the Sand Sea Resort was not!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand