The location is perfect, the surrounding area and beaches are perfect, really beautiful. It only takes a 5 min boat ride to get to Ao Nang; the nearest town center, the only problem is that the boat drivers insist on waiting for 8 passengers so you could be there for hours.
We came here after spending 3 nights at the Conrad Bangkok so we naturally expected it to be worse, but the staff were suprisingly off and very unfriendly, don't expect them to smile back at you if you smile at them. Nowhere seems that cheap in Railay but next time we'll definitely go somewhere else.
The rooms are pretty basic, everything you'd expect for 1,950b a night minimum, if you're not fussy then it should be fine.
Basically the surrounding area is breathtaking, but the staff are pissy and the food is terrible, and the rooms are basic but bearable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand