Great hotel with private bungalos just off the beach (less than 1 min walk). My husband and I had a great time at the resort and on Railey in gerneal. The staff was pleasent, massages were cheep (450 BAH or about $15 American dollars for 1 hr) and the seafood boats offered at the hotel and neighboring restaurants were a great deal for a dinner full of the catch of the day cooked how you want. No alcohol is served at this hotel or it's restaurant but you can buy beer, cocktail, wine or whatever elsewhere and bring it over for dinner or the pool.
The bungalow itself was great when you keep in mind the fact you are in Thailand. It was a good size, private, has a porch wtih chairs, and air conditioning in addition to the use of a beach bag, towles and a mat to lay on for the beach. Here's the catch, our room did have a kind of smell to but after a couple min in the room it wasn't noticable. If you're the type to care about things like a less than great repair job to the tile on the sink and that the bathroom has high set windows with a mesh to allow outside air in (not air conditioned in there) then you will not be the type to like this hotel. We were happy to look past the little things and enjoy the value of a place right off the beach that you could never get for the same price, type of location, or experience anywhere in California and probably the States as a whole. And if you keep in mind that some of the places you might visit in Thailand don't even offer toilet paper, soap or hot water (yes, we;ve been there) you will appreciate this place all the more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand