Well Railay itself (railay west) is really expensive.
Between the village and the bay hotels which are ridiculously overpriced, the sand sea offers a less expensive option right on the West railay shore.
We stayed in the superior bungalows we ordered from Agoda (4500 thb) in the high season tourist time which was a bit overpriced but cheaper then the almost-the-same other options.
First they put us on a bungalow near the inner pool which was too noisy and really bad mattress which felt like sleeping on a bad floor and a very noisy aircon.
We switched rooms the following day and it was perfect for us.
If you can afford it - try staying on railay west.
The east has nice nightlife and resteraunts, but no beach shore and a but stinky.
Don't let other reviews fool ya,
The 3 hotels: railay bay, sand see and railay village are next to each other and all are 1.5 walk to the street leading to railay east.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand