Sand Sea Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
Rayavadee Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,688 results
All reviewssuperior bungalowwalking streetgrand deluxewest sideair congolf cartbeautiful beachmini martlong tail boatbeach bagbeach fronteast railayegg stationbreakfast was includedkrabi airporthuge bedmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

What can I say.....the location is paradise....one of the most beautiful and scenic locations you can find! When you wake up in the morning and look outside you will be amazed. I am surprised that the hotel does not have better reviews. The rooms were lovely and big. Us - 2 adult and 2 kids fit without issues into the giant king bed. The bathroom was huge. Breakfast was just fine, with plenty of selection. Some reviews mentioned a smell coming from some rooms. We noticed that, and I believe it is a drainage issue, but it did not really bother us. The hotel restaurant is great, with lovely fresh seafood selection. Overall a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Choose new rooms and not the bungalows.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is outdated and service is terrible. We sat at check in for almost two hours trying to coordinate between expedia and Sand Sea for an upgrade that we had. Staff could have cared less, and we had to take all initiative to sort it out and not pay the full difference in room few for the upgrade. Only redeeming quality is the beach.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you would like to stay at Railay beach, the best beach is on the west. This hotel is direct on a postcard beach. We stayed in a deluxe room which was big and with great comfort.

Swimming pool was perfect for our young daughters.

A tip is to use the transfer service of the hotel. its is affordable and very well run.

Only bad thing I can say is that the 3rd bed we asked for was a really crap bed. The normal bed was perfect.

Room Tip: Take the new deluxe room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights to do some rock climbing in Railay. It's very luxurious compared to where I normally stay, but well worth the money. The staff were friendly, the bungalow/hut was gorgeous with a really nice bathroom. The are 2 pools to choose from if the beach isn't your thing (it's a stones throw away! ). I had some good sea food in the restaurant and the breakfast is decent. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Annette L
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights in April / May 2014.

Location : Fantastic - right on the beach at West Railey - about as good as it gets ....

Rooms: If you stay in the new building .. the rooms are excellent, very new and well styled .. we stayed on the 2nd floor, which is better than ground floor ( much more private )

Food and Service: This is a weakness - I'd rate both as 'fair' (see below )

> Lunch - I had a curry, rice and Coke for late lunch on arrival. ( no alcohol is sold - though u can bring your own). Despite being the only diner and seeing about 5 or 6 staff doing very little, service was quite slow. I asked for a glass of ice to go with the coke ( to keep drink cool). After about 15 minutes and 3 requests I eventually got the ice. ( most staff were just interested in chatting with each other )

> Breakfast:: Fairly average food / buffet, and no pork sausages or bacon. The staff ( again) are disinterested in service , tables really need a good scrub to keep the flies away and some of the cooks doing omelettes need to speed things up ( a lot). Some breakfast items are not replenished enough.

After my first day - I only ate in the restaurant for Breakfast.. there are better food alternatives.

Reception staff were 'ok' but not exactly welcoming and cheery.

The owners really need to invest more time in embedding a strong 'service attitude' in the staff ... took 2 hours for reception to send someone to the room to clear up a broken glass.

I may stay here again just for the great location and rooms ... but the owners really need to 'get a grip' on the staff

Room Tip: Stay in the new block on 2nd floor ..superb rooms with plenty of privacy. Average cleanliness refects : 'poor to fair' at restaurant , and 'ok to good' for room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple