The last few times i have been to Railay i have stayed next door but thought i would give Sand and Sea a shot mainly because it was half the price. It was a wise decision.
The rooms were pretty much the same nothing special but more than adequate.
It's located on the west beach which is a must really as the east is nothing special. Waking up and walking 30 seconds to one of the most amazing beaches in Thailand just can't be beat.
The staff were friendly and helpful and will definitely be back.
The only bad thing about this resort is the restaurant is awful but there are plenty of places to eat.
Also note that this is a Muslim run resort so don't expect to see any Chang in the mini bar. They didn't seem to mind us bringing our own booze in though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand