“don't stay here!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Railay Beach
Princess Budget Wing at Railay Princess Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
Northern California
“don't stay here!”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Ya Ya was a huge disappointment.
1750B/night for a ‘superior’ room with A/C and a double-bed including b’fast plus 300B/night for an extra bed (we had a friend staying with us). This room was on the first floor and was an absolute pit. The bathroom was disgusting; brown, stinky water, and the shower head was filled with crud that my husband thankfully fixed to make the pressure a little better, just filthy. I have included pictures so you can see for yourself.
The A/C worked but leaked all over the floor. And, there was constantly a trail of ants in the room.
The staff was professional but not friendly at all.
I don’t know if this was directly related to the filthy bathroom but I got sick when I was here. I have heard that it is common for people to get sick when staying on Railay Beach but didn’t find that out until after I got sick.
To be fair, we did check out another room before we left, just to get an idea of what else was available there. We looked at a room on the top floor that had just a fan and no A/C. It looked clean and so did the bathroom.
However, I would not recommend staying here or even staying on Railay Beach. I would suggest staying in Ao Nang and taking a longtail over to Railay for the day. That would give you plenty of time there to see what it has to offer, which is mostly the beautiful scenery.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 16 February 2010

On arriving at Railay West and walking to Railay East, not sure really where to begin, a passerby saw my backpack and must have assumed i was looking for the cheapest accommodation possible. She directed me to Yaya. I was shown a room that on brief inspection seemed ok. And for the price it probably was.
But within an hour I regretted my decision. The windowless room was hotter than outside, the fan didn't work very well, the sheets were dirty, the shower was leaking, and to top it off, I got an electric shock when I plugged in my phone charger.
The worst part was that I had booked a tour departing at 7.30am the next morning so was forced to stay a second night merely for somewhere to store my bags.
To be honest, while Railay West and PhraNang beaches are beautiful, in future I would probably stay in Ao nang and just take longtails over to Railay for the day. The options there are far better.

• Stayed February 2010

Travellers are raving about these Railay Beach hotels

nepal
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Again, like everyone else has said, don't stay here even though it seems as if there are no other options. A cheap hotel pretending to be a 'resort', not helpful or friendly once they have your money, everything in the rooms cheap and broken. At first glance it looks quite charming,but don't encourage managers/owners who really could care less about their clients!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I Stayed here for a week, and found it to be perfectly acceptable for the price. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean enough- they're old but hygenic. The staff in the restaraunt don't speak the best english , i think most people find the language barrier the main problem, and if a thai doesn;t understand you they tend to be embarrassed and laugh which can come off rude. I'd be pissed off if I had to watch hindreds of tourists having an amazing time and spending more money in a day than I earned in week!
There were a few problems with the water pressure but this is prevalent throughout the peninsula from what I've heard. it's very close to both west beach and prah nang so you won't be spending much time in the room anyway.
When I was there they had an english guy working reception which helped as he was very nice and helpful!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank rollononly
London
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed here for the same reason that everybody else does: when you treck through the jungle to the beach that's cheaper to stay on in the heat, this is the first place you come to.

The room was dark and dingy and the floor needed a good clean. We were asked to pay on check-in, which always makes me suspicious! Apart from that, it wasn't too bad, but after one night, we walked down the beach (come out of the Ya-Ya, turn left and walk for 3 minutes) then came to the Anyavee, which has lovely clean spacious rooms and a pool for hardly any more money than the cost of an air-con room at the Ya-Ya.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
vancouver canada
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Absolutely disgusting little dungeon of a joint. Smells like sewer- you need to run the water for 15 minutes to get water pressure (the water is brown and smells of sewer- i choose not to shower!). Mold on the walls, dark rooms, no windows. Poor customer service at restaurant- we ordered a meal- they brought the wrong one and then accused us of lying about our choice of meal- we walked out. We lasted 1 night and left Railay the next am to find a cleaner less overblown part of Thailand where you are not at the mercy of longtail drivers.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I would strongly advise not to stay here.
We arrived mid morning from krabi and the boat dropped us right outside the hotel. Because we were being lazy and it had been recommended we decided to head straight to YaYa. On arrival we were given a very frosty greeting. We were then shown 2 rooms - the 1st on the 3rd floor which was tiny, dark and no windows. The second room was on the 2nd floor which was a lot bigger and had a window (500bht). We decided to take this room, however the previous occupants had only just left so we were told to come back in 1hr.

On returning to our room it was obvious that cleaning is not their top priority - blood stains on the bathroom floor and toilet seat and stains on the sheets.

We then spent the afternoon trying to find somewhere else to check into the next day.

The final nail in the coffin was when we came home from dinner to find the 2 BIGGEST cockroaches scuttling around our room! Yuck! I went to reception to complain and they just looked at me and walked away.

Needless to say we moved to some cleaner, brighter, bigger, friendly and cheaper bungalows down the road (rapala).

• Stayed December 2009