“Only ate at restaurant, twice.... didnt learn from first mistake”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Railay Beach
Princess Budget Wing at Railay Princess Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
London
“Only ate at restaurant, twice.... didnt learn from first mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

First time at restuarant ate with my fiance, and had to throw away the yaya burger as was disgusting. Second night we ate there my fiance had pasta with white sauce and prawns, and again had to throw away, the sauce tasted like rotten eggs, sulphur and had the texture of white jelly. the prawns were covered in it unfortauntly, so couldnt even salvage any food from the plate. Im a lover of all kinds of food, from dried squid, to grass hoppers... this was just a travesty!

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Brighton UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

My partner and I wanted a flexible holiday in Thailand and although we could afford to stay in the more expensive style of resort, we were not looking for luxury: we would rather not spend all our money on accommodation. We booked 2 nights in Ya Ya Resort from the UK after seeing an entry for it in The Rough Guide. After making the booking we looked at the reviews in TripAdvisor – and with all the negative reviews thought we had made a big mistake! But we could not get a refund so made for Ya Ya anyway. After 2 nights there we stayed an extra three nights because in fact it is very central to West and East Railay, but quiet at night, and good value compared to other resorts we looked at. So don’t believe all the negative reviews you read on this page. I haven’t written a review before but I was prompted to write this one to make the record more fair.
Yes it is true that the water in the handbasin and toilet is a brown colour – which is not greatly attractive – my partner accused me of not flushing the toilet! But fresh water is not plentiful on Railay given its location on an peninsula cut off from the mainland, and Ya Ya seem to draw their water from a well: they were digging a new one while we were there. So you should not drink water out the tap, but you would not do that anyway. And the rooms are dark, but then they are constructed as wooden framed buildings on three floors, and the dark wood colour is there throughout. This could have been covered in white paint on the inside but there is some charm in the wood construction and it’s different from being in any other white box. Water pressure was ok in our middle level room, by accounts we heard the top floor had less pressure.
So after arrival we did look at rooms in other resorts but the cheaper ones were much more basic. We had to pay 2,700 baht for two nights when booking from the UK through Thai-Tour.com but when we got there we were asked to pay only 900 baht for each extra night, and this was for an AC room. So the only good reason for booking ahead is that you then have the security of knowing where you are heading for. Another mention in the Rough Guide is Rapala Rock Wood Resort but the room we were shown there had a mattress on the floor and a fan, and that was 800 baht, so continuing to stay at Ya Ya was the obvious choice. I’ve attached a photo showing our room 226 and the pleasant planting of trees in front of it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Northern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2010

Ya Ya was a huge disappointment.
1750B/night for a ‘superior’ room with A/C and a double-bed including b’fast plus 300B/night for an extra bed (we had a friend staying with us). This room was on the first floor and was an absolute pit. The bathroom was disgusting; brown, stinky water, and the shower head was filled with crud that my husband thankfully fixed to make the pressure a little better, just filthy. I have included pictures so you can see for yourself.
The A/C worked but leaked all over the floor. And, there was constantly a trail of ants in the room.
The staff was professional but not friendly at all.
I don’t know if this was directly related to the filthy bathroom but I got sick when I was here. I have heard that it is common for people to get sick when staying on Railay Beach but didn’t find that out until after I got sick.
To be fair, we did check out another room before we left, just to get an idea of what else was available there. We looked at a room on the top floor that had just a fan and no A/C. It looked clean and so did the bathroom.
However, I would not recommend staying here or even staying on Railay Beach. I would suggest staying in Ao Nang and taking a longtail over to Railay for the day. That would give you plenty of time there to see what it has to offer, which is mostly the beautiful scenery.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Railay Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

On arriving at Railay West and walking to Railay East, not sure really where to begin, a passerby saw my backpack and must have assumed i was looking for the cheapest accommodation possible. She directed me to Yaya. I was shown a room that on brief inspection seemed ok. And for the price it probably was.
But within an hour I regretted my decision. The windowless room was hotter than outside, the fan didn't work very well, the sheets were dirty, the shower was leaking, and to top it off, I got an electric shock when I plugged in my phone charger.
The worst part was that I had booked a tour departing at 7.30am the next morning so was forced to stay a second night merely for somewhere to store my bags.
To be honest, while Railay West and PhraNang beaches are beautiful, in future I would probably stay in Ao nang and just take longtails over to Railay for the day. The options there are far better.

• Stayed February 2010
nepal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

Again, like everyone else has said, don't stay here even though it seems as if there are no other options. A cheap hotel pretending to be a 'resort', not helpful or friendly once they have your money, everything in the rooms cheap and broken. At first glance it looks quite charming,but don't encourage managers/owners who really could care less about their clients!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

I Stayed here for a week, and found it to be perfectly acceptable for the price. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean enough- they're old but hygenic. The staff in the restaraunt don't speak the best english , i think most people find the language barrier the main problem, and if a thai doesn;t understand you they tend to be embarrassed and laugh which can come off rude. I'd be pissed off if I had to watch hindreds of tourists having an amazing time and spending more money in a day than I earned in week!
There were a few problems with the water pressure but this is prevalent throughout the peninsula from what I've heard. it's very close to both west beach and prah nang so you won't be spending much time in the room anyway.
When I was there they had an english guy working reception which helped as he was very nice and helpful!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank rollononly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed here for the same reason that everybody else does: when you treck through the jungle to the beach that's cheaper to stay on in the heat, this is the first place you come to.

The room was dark and dingy and the floor needed a good clean. We were asked to pay on check-in, which always makes me suspicious! Apart from that, it wasn't too bad, but after one night, we walked down the beach (come out of the Ya-Ya, turn left and walk for 3 minutes) then came to the Anyavee, which has lovely clean spacious rooms and a pool for hardly any more money than the cost of an air-con room at the Ya-Ya.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple