Railay beach is beautiful and the hotel is perfectly situated. You can walk form Railay West to East in a few minutes. And a further five minutes to Phra Nang Cave beach. The East beach is not really a beach but a mangrove so the west and cave beaches are the places to go. The beaches can be quite busy during the day if all of the day trip boats arrive at once. Later in the day it gets quite which is lovely.
The hotel is very well appointed and the room we had was lovely with our own private area with a Spa Bath. It was clean and very nicely furnished.
Breakfast was quite good and seemed to be of a quality expected for a hotel of this type. We ate there in the evening once. It is perfectly fine but the are other hotels and restaurants that are cheaper and have a better menu. The waiting staff were never very friendly or helpful, but this seems to be a reoccurring theme.
Our stay here was a special treat for our wedding anniversary so I had spent quite a bit more than usual to get exactly what we wanted. On arriving it was dis organised chaos. There were lots of people waiting to be shown to their rooms and a number of people making complaints. There was a number of staff walking up and down but not doing anything. One guest had to actually grab a member of staff to shown his family to there room. After 15 minutes we just went to our room and let ourselves in.
On that first night there was a major rain storm, the water that poured off of the roof filled the spa bath with filthy brown water. This would not be a issue but the button that drained the bath only drained an inch of water before it poured half an inch back in with even more dirty water. My wife reported this to reception at midday and no one came to look at the bath for us. That evening we went to reception to complain but were told there was no management available until the morning. We explained the issue to reception and they sent a member of staff to have a look. When we returned to the room the bath was over flowing as the taps had been left running, this had partially flooded our outside area and the bath was still full of dirty brown water.
The following day before breakfast we checked out and again were told that there was no management available for us to talk too. Once we checked out we were offered a change of room which was totally pointless at this stage. The room we stayed in had a main feature which was the bath and for this we paid a premium. If we didn't have the bath we could have stayed in an equally nice room for alot less money. At all parts of our stay we felt the staff just didn't really seem to care and they either didn't have a good grasp of english or were using this as a reason not help people.
This is an amazingly situated hotel on a beautiful beach. This is our fourth visit to Thailand staying at everything from 5 star hotels to $15 a night hostels and we have never found this attitude from any hotel staff. I emailed the hotel to complain but unsurprisingly haven't received any reply from the hotel. This ruined this part of our holiday, fortunately the other hotels we stayed at in Thailand renewed our faith.
I gave this review an average rating as the location of the hotel is so amazing. But there do seem to be alot of reviews with issues with the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A pearl in the Andaman for you to touch." Railay Bay Resort & Spa is part of an exclusive group of resorts that have beach front access to the renowned Railay Beach, which is perfectly located in Krabi, a most picturesque province. You will find that we are the only beach resort that has a West to East orientation at Railay Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Railay Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Railay Bay Resort And Spa
- Railay Bay Hotel Krabi Town
- Railay Bay Resort & Spa Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand