Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Troubadour18
San Diego, California

Decent for the price

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Mar 2013
This place was relatively cheap so cant complain, the room was clean, A/C, with en suite. There was a free breakfast but it was more of a snack than anything. theres a long hike up i think we counted 120 or so wooden steps. You cant pick up the free WiFi anywhere in the resort away from the reception desk, but the view is great and the pool was nice. All in All, probably my favourite place in the world, so the hotel was unimportant, and this place was cheap, clean, and A/C when i needed it so you cant go wrong!
Date of stay: April 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Trip.com
    £9
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Railay Beach
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2013

At 3 am we were rudely awaken by the emergency. We were on the 34th floor and there was some sort of smoke that we were inhaling as we headed for the exit. Half way down we heard a loud boom and was unsure of what it was.My husband was carrying down our infant and my cousin had two of her elementary aged children, who of course were terrified. When we were almost to the bottom we got word that it was false alarm and to go back to the room. I was so scared that I checked out immediately and had my husband pack our room as I was not going back up there. My cousin needed to work at 7 am and there was no going back to bed.I am greatful that it was a false alarm but I feel like the hotel could of done something for us like given us a little discount off of the bill, free internet (worth $20) a fruit cup but we got nothing. The General Manager said it wasnt there fault therefore would not do anything for us. WOW that was too bad because word of mouth is very important.I had to call back two days in a row to try and speak to someone about our concerns. I was told by the operator that the managers were busy because there was another fire alarm that went off the next day.If you want your sleep and peace and quiet DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2013

It was much better few years ago. But as a budget stay in Railay it's ok.
By now:
1. Wooden path almost destroyed by rotting. Please be careful while walking at dark.
2. Rubbish is burn right in the garden, 30 meters from the last bungalows. Expect stink every few days (neighbouring hotel does the same, so you have to smell their stink also).
3. The hill of rubbish is also visible and makes the garden view not so nice as I expected.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Hotel was not bad overall. We had a slow sink in the bathroom that would not drain. I went to the front desk 2 times to ask for service on it and I do not think anyone ever came to fix it. Just one of those aggravating things. They have a $10 per day internet fee at the hotel. They must have a magic block on the exterior of the building because I could not get internet on my phone unless I was right by the window. I think my room was the only place in Vegas that does not get Verizon"s signal. Also, I fall sleep with the TV on real low, and every night in the middle of the night the TV would reset and the volume would go way up. I would have to find the remote and turn it down.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

For a 900baht room you get air con , hot water and swimming pool. Yes the place has seen better days, but it is a budget hotel, and housekeeping is great. There are a lot of steps up from sea level, but you are rewarded with great views, and the rooms are situated in beautful landscaped gardens on the hillside. Say here everytime i come to Railey.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Toilet leaked, had to move rooms. Toilet in second room leaked as well the fridge. No credit card facilities. Pretty old rooms with no shower curtains.

The hotel is located up the top of a long flight of stairs which were in an ordinary state. Nice view from the pool.

In hindsight would have arrived and stayed in a place closer to the cafes and restuarants against the water.

Room tip: consider picking another hotel.
Date of stay: December 2012