“Good food with nice people”

Local Thai Food Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Railay Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The restaurant itself is very local and cozy. The food is pretty good. I ordered Thai basil with chicken and fired vegetable, both are good. The steamed rice is not typical Thai white rice, it's more like brown rice which is not my favorite and it's a little too dry. I'd prefer just regular Thai rice. Overall it's a good restaurant with good food, less crowded, and reasonable price, which is much better than the restaurants along both beaches.

There are newer reviews for Local Thai Food Restaurant

Reviewed 3 June 2014

After two weeks of travelling throughout Thailand from South to North and back South again, we finished off the adventure in Krabi, and we ate amazing food all along the way, but…just when I thought I couldn’t eat Thai food anymore, we gave it one last push in our search for that ‘unforgettable meal’. So we walked through Railay Beach meticulously inspecting all the details of each restaurant, searching for that something special we had missed so far.
The restaurant was packed but that is not always a guarantee the food is good, but I liked the menu and its energy. We managed to order an off the menu fresh local full fish grilled in that finger licking sweet chili sauce of Thailand for the value of circa 4Eur and it was out of this world! People who had not thought to ask for it at nearby tables were drooling and promising to come back the next night because as it turns out we ordered the last one. Since my companion and I are little monsters, eating a lot, we ordered many dishes and did not find a flaw in one of them. Since we eat a lot all over the place, it gives us a better idea of how good the food really is and so we came back the next night too, which was our last meal in Thailand. We were not willing to risk it anymore because it really was our best meal in Thailand. I would go back to Thailand just to eat at ‘Local Thai Food’ again! Hahahaha! Gotta love the name.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Read great reviews on this place but had trouble finding how to get there.

Here's my short description and I hope it helps.
From Railay West, walk down Walking Street until you come to an intersection. Head for the lane on the left - this path is better lit than the right, continue till you come to an open area with many lights. You would have found Local Thai Food Restaurant

From Railay East, it is more obscure. Look for a path that has the huge sign of Anyavee Railay Resort (I have attached it here for reference) and walk though it. You will find that the path is quite dark but you are on the right track, so continue to walk and avoid the construction sites. Same thing, continue to walk till you arrive at the open area with many lights.

I am so glad I found this place. The food was good and the price was reasonable. I tried omelette, mamasan curry and pandan chicken.

2  Thank TravelgoGetter
Reviewed 27 May 2014

For many years now, Local Thai Food has been the most authentic Thai food on Railei Beach. P'Sow and P'Leurm are the owners and cooks at the restaurant and do not fail to deliver the most delicious food every time. Cold beers, spicy and amazing handmade curry pastes, and food always served with a smile. Laid back atmosphere, easy to reach location and the space creates opportunities to meet other travelers. Favorite dishes: Goong Chewp Bang Tort (fried shrimp), Penang Gai (Chicken Curry) and Pla Meuk Gratiem (Squid with garlic).

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here several times during our visit. Great Thai food. Attentive service with personality Don't let the modest surroundings throw you off. Save your money get away from railey west's mediocre overpriced (for Thailand) restaurants and come here.