“Good Escape”

Anyavee Railay Resort
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at Anyavee Resort 2 times, but it all different,the 1st time in Low season all staffs are very good take care even the room is old but we very enjoyed. the 2nd time in Hi season we got the new room but service is not good as the 1st time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Anyavee Railay Resort

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We choose Railay especially because it is so remotely situated and can only be reached by Long Tail Boat, we just should have chosen a different resort on the island. On arrival with the Long Tail Boat from the main land there was no signs as to where Anyavee Railay is situated. There is a pole with all the resorts and restaurants signage, showing you in which direction to go, except for Anyavee. We ended up at another hotel that told us where to go. On arrival our voucher said we will receive welcome drink and fruit. A small class of sugar water was handed to us by staff that was extremely unfriendly and annoyed. More than a month before arriving I contacted the Anyavee Resort groups head office as both me and my partner celebrated our birthday during our stay here. I wanted some tips on doing something special for dinner and what is available on the island. They offered us the honeymoon suite during our stay, free of any upgrade charges. Needles to say we did not receive any honeymoon suite. The staff was so unfriendly that I decided not even to mention this to them. The rooms are little wooden chalets. Entering the bedroom, that has an air conditioner (highly appreciated in Thailand), but the bathroom has only got a sort of fencing near the roof at the shower, meaning the outside heat is over whelming in the bathroom and you can never leave the door to the room open. Breakfast buffet was the worst we experienced at all the hotels and resorts we stayed at during our 2 weeks. There is no variety. Flies are walking around the ingredients for the omelettes. On day one we got food poisoning from doing one of the island hopper tours (lunch buffet they provide standing in a black crate on the boat in the sun the entire day). I reported this to the resort staff that just said " a stomach bug" and walked away. We were not able to move our of our room for an entire day and two nights and not once have they done the trouble of knocking on the door to ensure we don't need anything. Even when we checked out the following day the front office staff played on their phones while helping us. Needless to say we were extremely relieved to leave the resort. I will not recommend this to anyone except if you want to experience the worst service ever. I work in the hospitality industry and have never experienced anything like this before

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doringrosie_11
Reviewed 4 September 2013

stayed last october, cheap rates due to low season, rooms were clean, decent. aircon works perfectly. booked a standard thai room with balcony. i liked the grounds, full of trees and plants. about 5-8 mins walk to railey west and phang nga cave. food is average, but choices for food is a plenty around the resort. has a little pool but didnt try it though.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2013

What you must first understand about Railay, is that although it is geographically part of mainland Krabi, as a result of the incredible limestone karsts the only means of access is by longtail boat.  Because of this isolation, prices for everything are notably higher than most other places in Thailand (e.g. Sunscreen lotion is AUD$30 for 175mL).

Having now set the scene, if, in addition to a bed, you are also seeking a "resort" experience (pool, gardens, breakfast, housekeeping), then Anyavee is by far the cheapest place you will find in the whole of Railay.  I know this because my partner and I stuck our head into every single resort in Railay to get a feel for prices.  Certainly the other Railay resorts have better quality rooms and facilities, but our experience at Anyavee was more than comfortable and we would gladly return.

ROOM:  We stayed in one of the wooden bungalows with balcony.  The doors had a few small gaps, but the air-conditioning was very powerful, and a mosquito net was provided for the (HUGE, comfortable) bed.  The furnishings were minimal but pleasant - dark woods and white linen against the green of the gardens, and the room contained a fridge, safe, and wardrobe (a rarity in Asia).  The bathroom was the weakest point of the bungalow, with fluro lighting and lots of gaps to the outside, but even then it only raised a small blip on my sensitive "eww! ick!" travel radar.  Our water randomly stopped working twice during our six-night stay, however this was remedied each time within 15 minutes of a call to reception (albeit without explanation).

FACILITIES:  The pool was clean, although the water was a little on the warm side.  There were plenty of poolside lounge chairs, and both the pool and its surrounds had sufficient shade to allow us to escape the hot sun.

Free wifi was available in the reception, restaurant and pool areas; not super fast, but adequate for most tasks.  Our bungalow was located close to the reception, so we were fortunate enough to be able to sneakily access wifi from inside our room.

Included in the room rate was a fairly extensive buffet breakfast, with eggs cooked to order.  A restaurant was also within the grounds of the resort although we never tried it out.

SERVICE:  The resort staff were pleasant enough, although the service a tad perfunctory.  Housekeeping was thorough and unobtrusive; we never had cause to complain.

LOCATION: Anyavee is located on Railay East beach, which is definitely the poorer cousin. You cannot swim at this "beach"; at low tide the mangroves stretch out a good few hundred metres, and at very high tide the beachside walkway floods (so wear sandals, not shoes).  Fortunately Railay is tiny, and so the lovely Railay West and Phra Nang beaches are only an easy 5-10 minute walk away.  On the up side, the bars and restaurants in Railay East have far more soul than in Railay West, although if you really want to party it up you're best headed to Ton Sai.

Room Tip: Bungalows are worth the extra money.  A bungalow close to the reception area will give you free (sne...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank aLissAway
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Don't go there ... I forgot my mobile phone under my pillow and it was stolen. The conditionner was half used when we arrived in the room and the mugs were dirty. I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leonor_la
Reviewed 8 June 2013

If you are on a budget like me do not stay here either find something cheaper in ao nang and come here for a day trip or skip railay altogether as its nothing fantastic. We had a standard air con room so I cant comment on the bungalows. Our room looked unclean and dated, I have stayed in a 1 star hotel in Vietnam which was immaculate no way does this hotel deserve 3 stars. We stayed two nights as we had pre booked on agoda. I couldn't wait to leave, poorest sleep I've had in a long time as our double bed was two twins pushed together. As we checked out we saw a couple check out a room and walk away to another hotel and they were backpackers! The pool is nice but sun beds not cleaned. Last morning I woke up to find bugs in the bed! I'm covered in bites that I presumed were moxie bites but they could be from the bugs in the bed!!! I'm now in koh samui in a 2 star resort right on the beach for cheaper than anyavee and guess what? It's clean! Looks fresh and bed comfy what else could I want. This is the only negative review I have ever given a hotel in my life. They need to scrub these rooms clean and fumigate beds like the one I had.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kstev123
Reviewed 24 February 2013

There must be other better rooms in Railey for the 4000 baht per night we payed here!

Bungalow is small and not so clean. Breakfast terrible. There is a tv in the room but who cares about that. Our safe didn't work and they never fixed it even though we told them.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013