This is a very beautiful resort located on a very nice part of Railay. The pool room is spacious, and the swimming pool itself is amazing. It was always relaxing to go out onto the balcony, and read, look over the pool, or stare at the cliffs jutting out behind the resort. There are also a number of beautiful sights near the resort.
I believe it is possible for most people to enjoy their stay here, the proviso being their expectation must be qualified in view of the below.
1. Prices in this resort (with the exception of food prices) are generally much higher than in other resorts. These includes spa prices (exorbitant), prices in the convenient store on-site, laundry (the charge sheet in the room charges, per garment, more than what you would pay to wash a whole kg in Bangkok), and airport transfer. We explored the surrounding resorts and found that significantly cheaper services are rendered at adjacent resorts (no more than 1 or 2 min walk away!)
2. Prices on the main Railay beach are much more than prices found on e.g. Railay East - and the staff at the resort did not inform us of this fact. After being told that a day-hire rate a long-tail was 6000B, we were astounded to find that the same thing cost 2000B from Railay East which was 5 min away.
3. The staff generally do not speak English. The ones that speak some words of English did not appear to be able to offer us any assistance when we had a problem with the service. However what really frustrated us was that they did not seem to want to try and understand the issue. This being said, they were helpful in some instances, such as showing us the tours available, keeping our luggage in a secure area while we had breakfast after checking out, and providing me with an adapter (although it did not work). In all, while the service is sometimes alright, the level of service is generally not what one would experience in a nice hotel e.g. Sheraton or Westin.
4. The turndown service was -really- questionable. I am not sure if the sheets were changed at all. The towels certainly weren't. On the second day they 'replenished' the conditioner with a used bottle with a little bit of what looked like toilet paper stuck on it... ew..
5. Water in the room seemed to be filtered from sea-water, and leaves a nasty salty taste when you brush your teeth. Not sure if this is common to the resorts here because of the location.
6. Food (room service and restaurant) is quite alright here. The breakfast buffet is okay, but it certainly has some room for improvement.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Railay Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Railay Village Hotel Railay Beach
- Railay Village Krabi
- Railay Village Resort Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand