“Beautiful desert hotel”

Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamim
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This has probably been one of the hardest i've ever had to write on Tripadvisor! I came here with my husband for a week over the new year. I think if it had been slightly warmer it would have been better. However, although it was 'warm' it certainly wasn't jumping in the pool weather- which was a shame as we had a beautiful villa with our own pool! It was 'ok' to sunbathe but a lot of the time i did put a t shirt on as it was a little chilly. Evenings were quite cool- jacket and jeans weather. I agree its a great honeymoon destination as its very quiet and peaceful. The desert looks stunning. We did a camel ride and that was great! I also had a blow dry at the spa one day and that was ok, nothing amazing although it was a tiny room, so i wasn't really expecting anything too special. We had a couples spa treatment which lasted a few hours in the evening- amazing and i really wish I had booked more treatments! Although i had a lovely time, and I certainly do not regret coming, I don't think I would return. The food was AMAZING, the villa AMAZING, but otherwise a little secluded...and yes I can see how that would be a huge advantage for some people it just wasn't for us. i love the Maldives, and I just find even though both are similar in terms of ''quiet, secluded, luxury...etc'' I love the advantage of the beach, and slightly more things to do. Also, our flight landed at Abu Dhabi at 12 midnight and it took us 3 whole hours to drive to the hotel from there! Not great after being SO tired and jet lagged. Is it worth that kind of travel? I guess not. Although, I stress I don't regret coming here i just wouldn't again. So far, nothing has beat the Four Seasons, Maldives.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeartsandLove

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We splurged on Qasr to spend two nights for our 15th anniversary and what a treat it was. The place was breathtaking! Service was beyond expectations for everything we did. The scenery was stunning in the surrounding desert, on the property and even on the drive out from Dubai.

We really enjoyed the activities: dune bashing, camel riding and bike riding. All of the guides for the activities were very professional, knowledgable and nice.

While this resort is far away from the cities, I would highly recommend it as a wonderful escape for a special occasion or just a few peaceful days.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suett1_10
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

Booked a special with a 3rd night free and had a fair deal overall. Had two extremly disturbing firealarm in the first night were we got a little treat from the management at least. Half btl Champagne was oxidized though but never mind. Wasnt made aware at any point of the charges for the activities and it came as a nice surprise. Had an amazing guide for the camel trip, super friendly and natural, some others were unfortunately just like whatever. F&B service was great at all times. Suhail restaurant overprices but nice experience. Be careful, all prices are without 16% tax and service charge and that can add up...

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Sirleon
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights at the start of our honeymoon. It was absolutely incredible - every single detail had been thought of. We had a "basic" room and even this was gorgeous. The quality of the hotel is unparalleled and the staff made us feel like royalty.

The remote location makes it feel even more special, you feel as if you are Royalty in the middle of the desert. We went on a sunset camel ride, which we would recommend.

The staff were exceptional, the hotel immaculate, the food excuisite and we simply loved it.
I would love to come back again! Thank you so much for such an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We had a wonderful weekend in one of the normal rooms you can rent. It came with a pretty little garden and a huge bath tub, we relly had enough space for the two of us. The castel itself is pretty amazing, very calm and you reach it through a private road, so its a very luxurious desert experience. The breakfast restaurant is very good, as well as the top roof restaurant for dinner. You may want to make a reservation if you are there on a weekend. You can do a couple of rather pricy excursions, I would recommend seeing the falcon - its such a pretty animal! We walked up on one of the dunes to watch the sunset - it was amazing and all in all a wonderful and relaxing weekend, we will come back for sure!

Room Tip: The normal rooms were perfect for us, no need to rent one of the villas, unless you travel with a la...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarajewo
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel in December 2012, a perfect time of the year to visit when temperatures are a comfortable 25-29 degrees.
This is a fantastic hotel in a superb location in the Liwa Desert. It is actually very easy to get to with a transfer time from Abu Dhabi airport of around 2 and a half hours.
The hotel is beautiful and the rooms excellent. Any small niggles, such as not much wardrobe space for a one week visit, blend into insignificance when you consider the mammoth task of building such a hotel in such a location.
We only did two activities as we had previously visited Al Maha but the two activities we did were well executed and good value for money. The guides are what make these experiences worthwhile, the more you chat to them, the more your experience grows. I would recommend you try at least a couple of activities.
The pool are is beautiful also and at the time of year we visited, it was nice and quiet.
The food was excellent, even though the main restaurant is buffet style, you still get very good quality food served by happy and enthusiastic staff. We tried the roof top restaurant for sunset cocktails which was superb.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and please don't think there is only enough to do for 2 nights, in my opinion you need to be here longer to immerse yourself fully into the desert experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suetop
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Truley this is an amazing hotel and worth every second of the 2 hour drive from Abu Dharbi - the pictures do not do this justice, this place is a amazing, we have stayed at many good hotels around the World - this was the best, period, why, location is incredible, staff and service was amazing little things like the staff were humble, they did not waffle on about themselves when you spoke to them, but they were there all the time, I have never had menu's that light up in the dark or offererd 6 types of salts with my meal. The rooms were spectacular and no expense has been spared with the design of this hotel they really got it right, we stayed at ATLANTIS prior to this, a big hotel YES, no service we were just a number, basic rooms, all they wanted was our money, this place is a real 5 star Hotel, yes it is not cheap but this is real 5 star, not Thailand or Bali 5 star but the real deal - highlight was Dune bashing and the kindness of the waiters at the "Grill Restaurant" we ate there twice - amazing food. Get out of the shopping Mecca have a real experience, will return promise !!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel H

Been to Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara? Share your experiences!