Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
  • Pool
US$371
US$301
Agoda.com
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$231
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
3,536 results
All reviewsabu dhabisand dunesdune bashingcamel rideunique experienceout of this worldprivate poolamazing placewatch the sunsettwo hoursswim up barlong drivehour drivestunning locationwelcome drinkpool sideyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a truly exceptional hotel. It looks spectacular, almost unreal ... Blink! Are your eyes playing tricks .... is there really such a beautiful resort in the middle of the desert!?

From the moment we stepped into the cool and elegantly decorated lobby and were offered a delicious welcome drink and dates whilst we checked in, we knew we were in for a real treat.

We had booked an Anantara Suite and it was superb with a vast bedroom and bathroom with a ginormous circular bath! Big sitting room, terrace and garden plus a small kitchen with complimentary water, nespresso machine, tea and fruit.

The pool area is huge but sunbeds are well spaced and there is always a peaceful corner to be found. The 'Sunshine Butler' keeps you supplied with cool towels, little treats of fruit and plentiful iced water. He also cleans your sunglasses!

The restaurants we tried were excellent. I'll review separately. As for breakfast ..... make sure you're hungry - the choice and quality is outstanding.

The activities on offer are extremely well organised too. We especially loved the sunset camel trek.

This hotel is in a league of its own. I could have stayed forever and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I wouldn't think there's a bad room in the place! Money no object the villas are superb.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank theglossy1
Wael_Soueid, General Manager at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear theglossy1,

Thank you for staying with us and for your superb review.

I am glad that we were able to create a positive experience for you and your family as well as found our staff and service of a high quality. We will certainly convey your compliments to the rest of the team as this will serve as great encouragement and motivation to all of us here.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. We are flattered and excited that you intend to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I cannot recommend this place more highly. We stayed here for 3 days for our honeymoon and could not be happier. The location is 2nd to none, in the middle of a sprawling landscape of large sand dunes. Truly feels like another world. Rooms are large and extremely comfortable. Restaurants are all delicious and unique in setting. Food highlights are the amazing breakfast buffet and the dinner at Al Faraj, a traditional Arabic feast on low cushions on the edge of the resort on the sand. Pictures don't do this place justice. If it looks appealing in the photos, trust me, you'll be blown away when you see it in person.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hameed S

Dear Hameed S,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your fantastic review about your stay.

When a guest chooses our hotel for a special occasion such as honeymoon, we strive to provide memorable experience. I am delighted to learn that you have lifetime memory having celebrated your special moments here at our resort. Your good comments about the hospitality extended by our team will be shared as this will serve as motivation and encouragement for us to continue in providing excellent service towards our valued guests.

Thank you once again and it is our hope that you and your spouse will visit us again for another occasion in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

After being driven from the Airport through the Desert we go over one more vast sand dune and this amazing Resort rises from the Desert. I have been to many places but this one has to take number one spot.
Amazing Villas,Restaurants,Staff and Service. Imagine having your face freshly sprayed with cool water whilst lying around the pool - oh had my sunglass cleaned as well. Nothing is too much trouble.
One of my favourite places to have tea was the Library. Absolutely beautiful and to have Dinner
at the outside BBQ amongst the tents and cushion tables was a dream.
I brushed up on my Horseriding/Camel Riding/Experiences with Falcons. The Camel Ride was
fabulous - being out in the desert just as the sun was setting and being served refreshments and the most divine dates was like a dream.
I celebrated my Birthday whilst I was there and received a beautiful birthday cake in my Villa and had the most delightful Birthday Dinner in the Private Dining Room. Best B/D I have ever had.
All in all an amazing journey to an amazing place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KookaburraAdelaide

Dear KookaburraAdelaide,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for your appreciation of the resort.

Your compliments are really encouraging us to keep delivering heartfelt hospitality, both in products and services, to our guests. As an Anantara resort, it is our passion that every guest leaves the hotel with an amazing story, and reading your review we can only hope that we exceeded your expectations. Moreover, thank you as well for selecting Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara to be part of your birthday celebration.

Thank you once again for your valued patronage.

In the meantime, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort and making each and every special occasion of yours a memorable one.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were told that “Qasr Al Sarab”, when translated, means “Palace of Mirage”. It really feels like a palace. The resort feels very luxurious, and it is expansive.

It is a rather long drive in from the main road, maybe about 10km, with nothing but sand dunes to see along the way in. In the neighbourhood along the main road, there is also not too much but small towns and date plantations. There was nothing along the way to the resort that would hint that there was something spectacular awaiting us at the end of that drive.

The resort is designed like some kind of village—a very luxurious one. The rooms are scattered around the sprawling grounds of the resort, and this “village” is surrounded by desert. It makes for a very different kind of experience that is probably not offered in many other places in the world.

The "wow" comes immediately as one approaches the resort. Driving over the bridge to the lobby, one gets a hint of the opulence that awaits. The elaborately-furnished reception area and lobby is mesmerising, and the excitement continues during the journey to the room on the buggy. For us, the climax came when we entered our room, which felt like it had "luxury" stamped in every corner, and when we realised that it had an amazing view of the pool and much of the resort, as well as a great expanse of desert. We never got tired of the view!

Service in the resort was great. Most of the service people were fantastic. There was a very friendly chef in the restaurant who chatted with us every morning, and introduced to us some of the local dishes. Unfortunately we did not manage to find out his name, and on his uniform it was only stated "chef de cuisine", which probably may not be too helpful towards identifying him.

We were also very impressed with the folks performing the valet parking duties. When I was checking out, the gentleman who brought the car over said, "You have a long drive ahead today, so I have left two chilled bottles of water in your car." When I was driving off, I also noticed that my windscreen had been cleaned! I think this was the first time I have been impressed by any valet, anywhere in the world!

We also got a lovely cake in the room, which was presented to us when the hotel staff found out that we were on the trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was delicious, and we finished every bit of it.

There is almost nothing to quibble about, except that things in the resort do not come cheap. The food, drinks and activities all feel rather pricey, but I guess one has to expect this when one is in a “palace” in the middle of the desert.

I would definitely recommend a visit to this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MelvinLin

Dear Mel_Sg,

Thank you for your splendid review and for giving us the opportunity to provide you with our best services and hospitality.

We are always happy when a guest chooses to stay at our hotel, furthermore honored when the stay is tied with a special occasion such as wedding anniversary. Making such rare event a memorable one was the least we could do and we were so grateful for celebrating such important occasion with us.

Moreover, we are delighted that we have exceeded all your expectations. We really appreciate you sharing your amazing experience with us and I will not fail to share this story to all our associates.

In the meantime, thank you for your continuous support and looking forward to the pleasure of your company once again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

A very exciting escape for a couple of days. A romantic place with views and experiences not easy to found. Perfect for couples that are looking to relax. Great spa, great activities (do not miss the hard dune bashing)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra-chris

Dear Alexandra-chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review.

We are glad that you chose Qasr Al Sarab as your desert resort destination in Abu Dhabi. We take great pride in our quality of service and it is amazing to hear that we were able to provide you a relaxing break.

We look forward to greeting you again one day in the not too distant future and to the privilege of extending to you once again Anantara hospitality.