“A place that we don't want to leave”

Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamim
Reviewed 12 January 2011

We have had a fantastic stay in this beautiful resort in the desert and we will definitely return and stay with them again.

The hotel location is just beautiful as most reviews say. Apart from the great environment, the hotel premises itself is beautifully designed with fountains, palm trees & flowers everywhere. And I truly love the huge teapots & gorgeous lamps as decorations.

We stayed in a Terrace Room and the room is spacious with good lighting system, touch-screen phones, LCD TV with TV games option for kids and even a Nespresso machine. Internet connection speed is unexpectedly fast. The bathroom is huge and well designed. The view of the room & terrace of course is fantastic. The desert view is stunning and it keeps changing throughout the day.

What makes this hotel stand out is its great team of staff. Each of them makes you feel welcomed everywhere. The buggy service is efficient and no matter how often we ask for their pick up, they come with a welcome smile. The staff at the Al Waha Restaurant is particularly attentive & friendly. They are very friendly to little guests and making them feel special.

The buffet at Al Waha is quite good but as an Asian, I do recommend to have more items of Asia favor like Thai or Chinese. Food at the Poolside restaurant is great with a lovely setting. Room service is efficient and the portion & quality is unexpectedly great.

About hotel facilities, the kid’s club is wonderful. There are Wii & Playstation for older kids. And a variety of toys for younger ones. The spa facility is good with professional therapists and a lovely setting with again desert view treatment rooms. The tour activities available at the hotel is well organized. There is a big souvenir shop but honestly there are not many to choose from. If you play tennis, do book the tennis court located at the other end of the hotel. It’s a beautiful location that you can see different areas of sand dunes. Staff at the tennis court is great too!

To sum up, it’s one of the most pleasant hotels we’ve ever stayed. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to have desert experience while indulging in the luxury at the same time. And it’s good for both travelers who want to have romance with their love one and for families with kids too.

This Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara deserves to be No. 1 and I'm looking forward to that.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank HJKHongKong
Write a ReviewReviews (3,366)

Reviewed 9 January 2011

I am Suhail Jashanmal, and I worked on setting up my wedding for some time. I selected Qasr Al Sarab because of its beautiful scenery, and I knew a wedding there would be fantastic. I was right. Not only because of the beautiful scenery , but mainly because of the service the staff and the activities.

Previously,I had been to the same hotel, and I liked it then but I always wondered if it made sense spending so much on myself,but now I have no doubt.

From the food to the view, to the joy my guest got,I can definetly say it was one of the best stays I ever had and I know my guest will say the same.

For something completly unique you have to come here, regardless of what it costs you

Sincerly yours
Suhail Jashanmal

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2011

what can i say about Al Sarab well you wont believe your eyes and thats just the drive up to the place, once you arrive you are welcomed with cool towels and a refreshing drink. you are right in the middle of Liwa Desert and from every point of the hotel you can see amazing sand dunes which seem to be changing shape and colour every time you look at them. the bedrooms are the most amazing i have ever stayed in. I had the best nights sleep in the huge bed which i just sunk into and the bathroom was out of this world you could swim around in the bath it was that big, the room had different light settings which make it so romantic. if you have children over 12 they can not stay in your room you have to get another room which can make it pricey but Al Sarab is so romantic so nice to have time away from the teenagers. The food was amazing even though at breakfast service was slow and we had a little wait for some of our breakfast items so when we mentioned this to the manager he gave us lunch complimentary so i could not ask for more. hike up the sand dunes and see the most amazing sunset.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I have just been back from this wonderful holiday in "Qasr al Sarab" and I am still dreaming. This place is just amazing. Already arriving there is like arriving in another world. The resort opens up like a paradise. It is so beautiful and surrounded by sand dunes which are constantly changing colours and I thought it can't be real.
I stayed in a villa with my husband and we just enjoyed it from the first moment on. Everything is perfect, from the design to the service, food, gym, Spa, swimming pool. Nothing to say at all. We were there for Christmas and New Year and felt totally at home.
New Year celebration was beautiful with a big fire work, great dinner, DJ, open bar etc. It was all perfect.
It was our second stay and from what we understood there is a new management and we think it is all very well done and everything is organized to the satisfaction of the clients.
A special tip would be to do a trip with the 4x4 into the desert. This was one of our highlights.
We can only recommend this resort.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We stayed at Qasr al Sarab for an idyllic few days around the New Year, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The resort is utterly lovely to look at, purpose built in traditional style of the Middle East (before the entertaining excesses of Dubai). Being in the desert means you rely on the resort for all your food and entertainment. The food does not disappoint, and I recommend the traditional mezzeh, as it was the best I had ever tasted in my life (and I am still carrying the extra weight to prove it). The service was formal but friendly and cordial, and the staff deserve praise for performing their jobs with perfection.

We had the pleasure of celebrating New Year's Eve here, and while the atmosphere of the buffet restaurant was slightly odd (there were lovely violinists to entertain us, and a sumptuous buffet, but the crowd was mixed with celebrants and non celebrants so the atmosphere did not feel quite like a party yet) once we went to the courtyard, with the DJ and the lights, it was one of the best NYE celebrations I ever experienced. Bravo to the Qasr Al Sarab for pulling off such a memorable night in the desert.

Finally I must mention the other entertainments of the resort. There is a spa and also activities on offer at extra charge, such as camel rides, off roading in the desert, archery lessons, falconry, etc. My family enjoys taking advantage of these things. However, we were a bit disappointed here, and it is the one regrettable criticism I must offer. When we rang on the first day of our stay, we were told that the spa was already fully booked for the entirety of our stay, and that most of the activities were as well. This was very, very disappointing, as, well, you are kind of stuck in the desert with not much to do but what is on offer at the resort. We do not like to just relax by the pool all day, and would prefer to be active. Also I was counting on the spa fixing me up for the NYE party, but instead I went to the party looking rather ungroomed. I had thought it was only an abberration because of the holiday time, but two of the guests confided in me that they had been told that you always need to book these things early at Qasr al Sarab, or else you have nothing to do but walk the dunes, sit by the pool and eat. I hope very much the resort can sort out these staffing/capacity issues so that others have no cause for disappointment, as really, Qasr Al Sarab is a world class resort. To end on a positive note, the one activity we were able to book was the off roading, and it was a completely amazing experience. It was a little scary at times, exhilerating, and our driver was highly skilled. I recommend it! The children are clamouring to return next year, and this time, they want to ride the camels!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2011

This place is a dream. Wonderful location. Very quiet and peaceful. Exceptional architecture and oasis in the middle of the desert. Stunning views everywhere, day and night. We stayed in a villa. Very spacious and with wonderful views and privacy. Nice interior with spacious and luxury bath rooms! Regular rooms look nice too. Beds are great! Beautiful pool area which is perfect for families as well as for those who are looking for a calm corner to relax. Excellent and warm service everywhere. Good variety and quality of food. Excellent gym and spa facilities. Great activities offered. The drive in the dunes is a must! Recommend the afternoon ride for a spectacular sunset. Excellent and well maintained bikes available for those who are ready for a ride through the desert. Not the place for those who look for an active night life, but certainly a dream for everybody who wants to relax and enjoy life!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2010

This hotel was one of the best top 3 hotels I ever stayed in my whole life.
The design was absolutely beautiful, stunning and simply AMAZING! The surrounding pink/orange desert/dunes were breathtaking, the staff were so attentive, friendly and more than efficient, the room was SO comfortable that my body felt like it melted into the bed when I slept at night, the food in Al Waha restaurant (international buffet) and Al Ghadeer restaurant (Mediterranean cuisine) were very tasty with wonderful waiters...
I will never forget the incredible sunset that we watched from the top of the sand dunes that we climbed up on (it was only 10-15 minutes away from our room).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Been to Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara? Share your experiences!