“Very good seafood, a bit expensive.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Vecio Pipa

Al Vecio Pipa
Reserve with
Al Vecio Pipa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 29 Restaurants in Burano
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Krivoklat, République tchèque
“Very good seafood, a bit expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Canal-side traditional restaurant, very good huge baked whole fish for instance, good service.
Curse of the evening mosquitoes, bloody expensive, the canal can be quite smelly later in the season..

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Forest Grove, Or
“Good, fresh seafood in a nice place. Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Actually had a good time plus good food in a purely tourist oriented island. Staff loved my attempts at Italian and offered samples of a local drink I had never heard of. Zuppa di Pesce was in my top 10 list and wife and friend loved their dishes too, and neither particularly likes seafood. Pasta was well cooked even though the place was packed. Looks like they recently expanded, and they certainly needed to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bath, Ohio
“Great Food, Great Staff, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Sitting on a canal, this place is perfect. The food was wonderful, after we were offered a complimentary sparkling wine, the bread and salad were great.

I had fish which was very fresh and well prepared, two had pasta which was wonderful, and my youngest had steak which was surprisingly great.

Dessert was decadent and the espresso dark, sweet and inviting.

Staff didn't hover but showed up at the right moment without fail. If on the island, go there, and then shop locally...

• Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“Wife, Great Food, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had a fantastic lunch. The service was great. It was recommended to us from the Hotel, and I’m telling you try it. The manager let me open a bottle of Ornellaia Superior that I bought at the hotel. I was a bit worry they would not, but actually join us for a glass.

Ok so the Food, I had the biggest lobster, Fresh, and GREAT with a linguine seafood plate that was to die for. My wife had the spaghetti with fish and it was great. We sat with no hurry, enjoyed the company and conversation with the staff.

When we finished our bottle he recommended a nice bottle of wine, and also join us. The best parts of all the prices were great. I’m still not great at the conversion, but I think the lobster was 14 American US. I thought to myself I can live here.

So when you go to Burano make sure you enjoy this great restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Malaysia
“Risotto is to die for!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The best risotto I've ever had, hands down!!!!! I'm not really a fish person but this was soo sooo delicious I could eat it every single day. Like a bit of heaven in your mouth. Really a must try

Lovely ambiance as well.